The cost of a baby

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
So, I'm the kind of person that keeps every receipts & bills etc to see where the money goes. Well I was bored I decided to see how much my little bundle of fun has cost us so far lol.

He's only 3+month.

Clothes: 899.05$
Toys+stroller+furniture: 2619.23$
Formula: 874.56$
Diapers+wipes+vaseline etc etc: 483.04$
College fund: 200$/month X3 = 600$
Total of : 5475.88$
And I'm forgetting some stuff.. lol

I don't mind spending money for him at all, I just thought it would be fun to see how much !
He better start learning to flip some burgers soon :rofl::rofl:JK

:rofl: your own little burger flipper!

When I think of everyone that has to buy formula and stuff, I feel really lucky.
Colton drinks about about $200+ worth of formula a month. However, I get WIC which is like a little voucher that gives me 10 free cans a month (about $170); then when he turns 6 months old; I will also get baby cereal and juice on it (not sure how much though); so I wont have to buy that anymore either! :happydance:
Alot of his clothes my mom has bought (first grandbaby); so we hardly have to buy any of those.. and as he starts outgrowing some things I will be like "gosh.. he is growing out of everything! We're getting so low on clothes for him" and whenever she goes anywhere she will come back with something for him!! :blush: Plus, we didn't have to get a stroller, etc because those were given to us at our baby shower.
So I think we've gotten off really lucky. However, I'm keeping everything (stroller, etc) because everyone says "you dont get as much with your second!" so.. hehe.
We just have the diapers, wipes, etc + baby food/juice + a few extra cans of formula (he uses 12-13/month); as our main expenses.

You're lucky Marchbaby!!! I didn't have a shower as in here no one really does that. So we pretty much got everything ourselves! We've had a couple of gifts here and there but nothing major! :dohh:

I'm gonna keep everything too, just in case!

Wow.. Thats an expensive baby! Formula sure does add up, luckily i'm planning on b/f. You never really realise just how much they cost though do ya?

hmmm i checked out my reciepts too and so far...
pram = £350
Car seat 1 = £89
car seat 2 = £109
buggy 1 = £54.00
buggy 2 = £60.00
toys = £229.00
clothes = £377.98
bath set £15.00
steraliser & avant & dr brown bottles = £67.00
moses basket & stand = £39.00
crib & matress = £89.00
TOTAL = £1478.98 :shock:

:)blush:.. better burn reciepts in case OH finds them.. lucky he own his own business lol)

and thats without nappies & milk & food jars as i buy them out of my child benefit

Stroller: $280
Formula: $300
Diapers: we only bought maybe 2-3 packs. Grandma takes care of that and baby wipes.
Clothes: maybe $ 200. My mom bought a LOT for Mia even before she was born.
Crib: $500 (my parents bought it).
Bassinet: $150 - grandparents

In all honesty, we have maybe spent $2000-3000 in TOTAL.
Not too bad for such a bundle of joy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->