The depo provera, are these feelings normal?

smemma

Reaction score
Hello guys, i really didnt know weather i should post this on here or not but you were all such great help when i was TTC and was hoping i could get some help with this.

We are not TTC again (not yet anyway) but i have been on the depo provera shot for 3 months, and would just like to know if these feelings are normal?

I was due my next shot last week but haven't managed to get an appointment due to work and the kiddies etc. I have been on the depo shot before about 3 years ago for a year...and a few years before that. My youngest son is 19months old now and due to my health, it isn't advisable to have anymore just yet, so as i am rubbish as taking pills so i went on the depo again as iv never had any problems with it apart from bleeding.

Today is tuesday and since the last few days of last week i have started becoming quite fatigued, i could possibly sleep all day and when im up i have that dizzy feeling when your really tired, i also have bloating, metallic taste in my mouth and my breasts at the top are tender when i press them or if my bra shifts a bit (after 2 kiddies im only a small A anyway).......i did feel like i was using the toilet more but maybe that is from all the tea im drinking to stay awake!!

I know the depo can show pregnancy signs and its quite rare to fall pregnant on it but are these feelings normal....i can understand bloating, tender breasts as they can be hormonal but fatigue and the metal taste, im not sure about them i just feel strange and don't want to take the next shot just incase, as i got these symptoms at 9DPO when i got pregnant with my 2nd son. Id just like some reassurance and any ones thoughts of the depo.

thankyou for reading this x

I came off Depo back in 2008 and I don't remember having any symptoms at all but I also knew for certain I wasn't pregnant since I wasn't seeing anyone at the time and hadn't been sexually active in months....

Perhaps your best bet is to take a HPT or a checkup at the doctor? I know that when I was on Depo, they made me take a urine test before every shot if I was even one day late for the next round...

Thankyou for replying hun, yes i didnt get symptoms like this either after any of the times iv come off it.
The reason why i am on it is because i have Graves disease which i am being treated for with medication, it is important to avoid pregnancy as the medication crosses the placenta and can cause deformities :( i just hope my medication hasnt altered how the depo works......i will defiantly take a test if i am still feeling this way at the end of this week, and we havnt had intercourse since it ended. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->