The Diet Food Inspriation Thread

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
I dont know about you ladies but i have a hard time thinking of healthy meals to make that isnt the same old same old ...

What kind of things do you all make? Idea's, Suggestions and Recipes?

I usually just make meat and salads, stir fry of some kind, jacekt potatoes

I was just going to start a recipe thread - great minds think alike:thumbup:

I'm on Slimming World so I'll post some of their recipes on here which would be good for any diet really...

Start with the yummy stuff lol. I haven't actually tried this one yet but it sounds lush

Chip Butty

Serves 1

Ready in about 45minutes

Ingredients

1 large potato, peeled and cut into chunky chips
Salt
Fry Light spray
2 level tbsp tomato ketchup
2 slices wholemeal bread

Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F/Gas 6. Parboil the chips in a pan of salted water for 5-6 minutes. Drain thoroughly, return to the dry pan and shake to rough up the edges. Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet, spray with Fry Light and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally until golden. Spread the ketchup over one slice of bread. Pile the chips on top and sandwich together with the remaining bread. Enjoy!

Green plan - 2syns per serving (add extra 6syns if not using bread as healthy extra)

Great thread:D:D I will be watching this:D

Oooo Donna im onf SW too - I've got that recipe in the magazine somewhere so will have to try it!

The best thing you can do is cut carbs as much as possible. ie rice, potatoes, pasta, bread etc.

Also cut down on salt and starch.

Homemade Burgers(no bun) and Sweet Potato Wedges

Burger:

540g/1lb 3oz minced beef
1 onion, chopped
1 free-range egg yolk
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly with hands

Shape into equal sized patties

Grill for 15 minutes, turning while cooking

Done!

For the sweet potatoes:

Peel sweet potatoes

Chop lengthways into thick wedges

Put into pan with oil, and season with black pepper

Cook in oven at 200 for about 45 minutes, or until crispy

Done!

mmm i lopve sweet potato wedges :cloud9:

I usually cut my carbs right down when on a diet and replace them with lots of salad and veggies

Fajitas are good too, if you go for the wholemeal wraps and stuff them full of veg like onions, peppers, baby corn, green beans, etc and some chicken breast.

I usually do some corn on the cob too on the side, and a salad :)

I love carbs! Them and chocolate are my downfall! I try have 3/4 of my plate full of salad/veg/meat then have a bit of pasta or potato.

Oh i love fajitas! ill be living on them :cloud9:

I really want them now, but all the shops are shut :rofl:

pasta salad with tuna?? just use less pasta and more salad??
I make veg and rice too and mix it all in, thats nice :thumbup:

Im rubbish at ideas i always have the same when on dieting :( salad or veg with meat :( borinnnggg

spruce up salads with a bit of rocket and plum tomatoes :)

i have got to lose two stone for march cos i'm off on holiday

homemade quorn burgers same recipe as rafwife, i wrap my burgers in iceburg lettuce leaf, its gorgeous yummmm

I like the quick things... As i hate faffing.

The quickest thing ive found is fresh mini chicken fillets...2 or 3....cover in herbs (mixed herbs from tesco) and put them in a pan, turning every few minutes. Take about 7-8 minutes...onto a plate of salad. (no oil or anything in the pan. "dry fry")

I dont tend to cut out carbs when i diet, i go for the mega low fat diets. But when i do have potatoes, i make sure that i have loads more veg so not enough room on plate for too many :lol:

Ive got a gorgeous healthy pizza recipe..will find it and add it on.

I have a recipe for salsa soup on my journal, but I live in the US close to mexico. I don't know if I should put it up here because I don't know if you all have the same sort of chile peppers we have here.

Yummy salad I'm making tomorrow. It's veggie, but you can add grilled chicken breast to it :)

Romaine Lettuce (I love romaine, as I find it sweeter)
Sweet Peppers (Tesco do bags of little orange ones)
Sweet cherry tomatoes
cucumber
goats cheese (large & round ones you get)
balsamic reduction (totally yummy, and usually found in the cooking sections)
pine nuts
caramelised red onions

Take goats cheese and cut in half so you have a thick, round section. Put in a pan, and under the grill

While waiting for the goats cheese, take the lettuce and separate in a bowl

Chop tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and add in the pine nuts. Add all to the bowl of salad.

Drizzle over balsamic reduction (use sparingly)

When goats cheese is browning on top, add to top of salad

Place caramelised onions on top

Voila! It's really yummy, and the goats cheese is all lovely and melted inside. Mmmm

I can't really do a salad as a meal - I feel too deprived! But that does sound yummy rafwife, don't think it would fit into my eating plan grrrr!

I am soooo fussy and hate salad with a passion.Will keep a close eye on this thread :thumbup:

I can't really do a salad as a meal - I feel too deprived! But that does sound yummy rafwife, don't think it would fit into my eating plan grrrr!

It's very filling due to the goats cheese. I find it hard to eat a whole bowl and I'm a greedy sod :rofl:

Low Fat Vegetable Lasagne

• 1 onion, diced
  • couple tins chopped tomatoes
  • tub of creme fraiche
  • parmesan
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • lasagne sheets
  • thyme, oregano and basil
  • veg of choice (I used cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, and red pepper)
  • soy/veggie mince (or mince meat for the meat eaters!)

Chop up veg, and put in roasting tin. Roast in the oven for about 30mins.

Fry off the veggie mince, garlic, onion and herbs. Add one of the chopped tomato tins and simmer gently for 10 minutes

Line the bottom of a baking dish with some of the roasted veg, and mince. Add chopped tomatoes on top of this. Then lasagne sheets. Then layer again. Veg, mince, sauce & lasagne sheets.

The last layer should be the tub of creme fraiche laid thickly across the top, then parmesan grated over the top.

Oven bake for 45mins.

Enjoy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"