• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The dreaded parents...

jesssika

Mummy to Charlotte
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether I want to break it to my mum solo, or with OH in tow for support. I rarely see her, maybe once a month it really depends, so I have limited chances to tell her and OH works a lot and his hours are always different.
I haven't seen my dad for 3 years but I'm visiting him in June and OH is coming so we will likely tell him then, but I don't know about telling mum. I can't gauge her reaction as she's never said much about getting pregnant to me, as I started dating my OH when I was living with her, when I was 14 turning 15, he was my only serious boyfriend and we had a very slow moving relationship, then I moved out with him after a lot went down with her and I'm now 17 turning 18 with mine and OH's 3 year anniversary this coming weekend. We have a stable relationship and we've been living together for a year now so we are for sure stable, I know she respects me as an adult and I do act a good 7 years older than what I am (I've really had to be the mature one my whole life) so she doesn't see me as a teenager but it's still a daunting thought and I'm scared.

Did you have OH with you when you told your 'rents? Was it beneficial for you, having his support, or would you rather have done it alone? I have decisions to make :(

OH was there, he wanted to be there for his sake so he didn't look like he was "running off" or whatever, but it was good hi, being there so we could all get excited together :)

OH offered to be there but I did it alone just because I thought my mum would be incrredibly upset (thankfully she was calm.)
I think if you feel like you want him there and he feels able to cope with whatever reaction your mum may have, then I'd take him. But you've said you're unsure of hoe she will react, if she is upset then she may appreciate it if it's just the two of you...but then again OH has been around for 3 years so she likely knows him well enough. Always a tricky decision to make but thought I'd give you some things to consider, sorry I can't be of more help!! Good luck xx

Dh was there this time around, which was nice because I told her, and hitailed it. Lol

Oh was there each time when we told the parents. He ended up doing all the talking because I was so scared lol.

i had my OH with me and we told my mom and his parents all at the same time so we got both of them out of the way at the same time and i feel it was very beneficial.:)

Thank you all :) there's just so many ins and outs to each way haha!

<3 <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->