the early arrival of Annabelle Grace

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
well i can honestly say i never thought i would ever be writing a birth story and when i was pregnant i didnt think i would be writing it this soon LOL.
i have really missed all my December mummys and hope that i can still be in there as i was only 43 mins of december hehehehehe.

Thursday 27th
woke up to feeling like i was leaking not much but was wet and pjs were also wet. throughout the day i had reduced movements and went to hospital to be checked over. baby was fine but i still have glucose and protein in my wee.

Friday 28th
I was wet again when i woke, i phoned maternity unit and they said see how you go and if your pad is extremely wet we will have you in. didnt feel much more wet so i didnt call back.

Saturday 29th
again i was wet when i woke up but continued with this throughout the day and it had appeared to get worse, i was bouncing on the birthing ball and had a red blood show which was same as i had been having since the tuesday, i called maternity unit who told me to come in and take things with me. I got there had all the usual checks done, i had a speculum done to see if any water was pooling inside me, there was some water so i was sent to the labour unit at a hospital further from home. i presumed it was to check me over but i got there and was told i wouldnt be allowed to leave until i had my baby now my membranes had ruptured. i was very scared as it was early, i hadnt expected this to happen plus they sent OH home and i felt so so so very alone.
i didnt sleep a single bit all night mainly because of the girl next to me snoring so loudly. LOL

Sunday 30th
Well what a day this turned out to be LOL
doctor came to check me over at around 10ish, i expected her to say it wasnt ruptured membranes and off you go till you go into labour, she examined me and said your 2cm dilated and your hind waters have a hole in.
i was told as i was 2cm i could have my waters broken and it would go from there so that was the plan.
they broke my waters at around 12.30ish and said if in 2 hours your contractions have begun we will put you on the drip to stimulate body into having contractions.
2 hours later i had nothing a couple of tightening but to be honest i couldnt feel most of them they just showed up on the monitor.
2.30pm i was put on the drip at they kept turning it up by 6.30pm i was pn full allowance and hadnt had a single contraction but she said she would examine me to see if anything had happened. i was still 2cm dilated and she said i had some waters that were in tack and she was going to break that. OH MY GOD!!!!!! once she did that i was rolling around the bed in agony, contractions were coming thick and fast without a break in between as the hormone was set to full and was over working my body, by 7.30 i was 3cm and i was offered an epidural i couldnt answer yes quick enough!!! the anesthetist came at about 8ish and put it in and told me within 30 mins i would be able to have a little sleep and wouldnt need gas and air anymore, well they lied cos i was still climbing the walls in agony, they requested a top up which again still didnt work and i could still feel everything. midwife gave me a shot of pethadine and again i didnt really feel the benefits of it i just felt normal i was chewing the gas and air mouthpiece to bits with every single contraction.
due to everything being so intense i was 8cm dilated within about an hour of this then managed to get to 10cm by 11pm i pushed for 7 minutes only and baby Annabelle Grace was born with her hand up by her face at 11.07pm weighing in at 7lb 9oz on sunday 30th November, I had a few stiches a i tore but not badly
she is absolutely gorgeous and both me and OH are so very much in love with her but i still never ever want to go through all that again!!!!!!
i have added the best bit a few pics for you to all see
Thanks everyone for all your support throughout my pregnancy

Lou
xxx

Attachments

• P1030232.JPG
    P1030232.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 107
  • P1030235.JPG
    P1030235.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 92
  • P1030255.JPG
    P1030255.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 97
congratulations hunny, she is beautiful, gorgeous name too! xx

Congratulations hun :hugs: she's a cutie!!

(I'm not jealous seeings as you were only due 1 day before me ... honest :angelnot:)

Congratulations!!! She is gorgeous!

Aww, she's adorable! Thanks for sharing your story and the beautiful pictures!

Congratulations! She's beautiful! x

huge congratulations sweetie and well done you, she's so very beautiful x

She's beautiful! Congrats hun. Never fear, you'll always be an honourary December Mum!

:hugs:

Aww Hun She is Gorgeous!!!!!
Congratulations to you all xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back