The Early Arrival of Molly Jane Nash, 5th Jan

embojet

Molly and Ethan's Mummy
Reaction score
This has all been a bit of a blur as Molly was not due until 22nd March, so sorry if I ramble on a bit!

On 29th December I went for my 28 week antenatal check at the hospital and I had protein in my urine, and a high blood pressure if 160/105. Although I had absolutely no symptoms, the midwife said it was likely I had preeclampsia, and said I wouild need to be admitted on to the ward.

I was then monitored for a while by doctors and midwives who agreed that I had preeclampsia, they then needed to determine how severe it was. I was initially told that Molly would probably need to be delivered within 2-3 weeks, but they would try and leave her inside me for as long as possible.

I was tranferred to the Accute Observation Unit, where I was closely monitored. My blood pressure was taken every 15 mins, and bloods were taken twice a day. (Sleeping is difficult having to wake up every 15 mins, and they ran out of veins in my arms, and had to take blood from my feet - ouch!) I also had a growth scan every day, and regular CTG monitering.

Every day, my blood pressure and protein levels increased, despite medication to lower it, and the preeclampsia was starting to affect my kidneys and liver. Molly's movements were also starting to decrease.

At 2am on 5th January, I woke up surrounded by consultants and doctors. They said that I would need to have an emergency c section that day. I was taken in to theatre later that morning, and Molly was born at 11.40am at 29 weeks weighing 2lb 4oz.

The actual c section was a great experience. When Molly was taken over to the peadeatricians, my husband went over to see her, and turned round the wrong way and saw far too much of my insides! I have never seen him look so pale!

I got out of hospital on Saturday. I'm doing fine, and Molly is amazing. She is in the NICU, and is now breathing completely for herself. We did our first nappy change yesterday, and had my first cuddle today.

I love her so much, can't wait to take her home. My stupid computer won't let mr upload photos, but she is gorgeous.

So, so pleased you are both doing so well. i hope she is home with you soon. And that will teach OH for being so nosey lol. Congratulations again, can't wait to see some pictures.

Just read your story, thats incredible. She is so strong!!! Bless her, she's an inspiration. Can't wait to see pictures! xxx

Aww congrats to you both. So pleased to hear Molly is doing well. xxx

Many Congratulations. So pleased you Little girl is doing well xx

congrats! I'm glad that she's doing well!
xx

Awwww Congrats :) So glad you are and the baby are okay .

:hug::hug:

Congratulations again!! :hugs: for you and your family x x

Congrats :) Your story brought so many memories back to me. Sounds so much like my own. Noah was born 29 weeks almost a year ago due to PIH. Glad she is doing so well :hugs:

aww congratulations, so glad to hear your both doing well x

Congrats! Glad to hear Molly and you are both doing well
xx

:hug: So glad you're both doing so well. Congratulations! Can't wait to see some pictures :D x

Congratulations:happydance: Molly sounds like a little trooper!! Can't wait to see photos.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->