The evening from hell

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Someone save my arms!

Ughhhh. She's been awake since 4:30pm, its a few minutes off midnight now. She hasn't slept and WILL NOT let me put her down! She just screams blue murder. I gave her a bath and everything, played with her to try to tire her out, no such luck!

Blahhhhh! I love being a mom but my arms...not so much! hah

OMG! How is she still awake even Harley doesn't have that much stamina! Good luck, hope Renah falls asleep soon

I'm so against letting her cry it out. But she's fed, warm enough, doesn't have a dirty diaper...I don't know if I should be letting her cry it out or not at this point.

Ive let Jasmine cry, sometimes when they are overtired like that all you can do is set them down, try and give them the dummy and let them cry themselves to sleep. I always keep going and checking on her too, then they know you are still there.

:hug: When jacob does this i just persist with nursing jacob through it. They do settle down eventually and it doesnt last forever. jacob only does this now once a week where as it used to be every night!!! just cuddle her , let her know your there and when u get a min let someone else take over for 5 mins go out get some fresh air then start again :) XXXX

ohhh naughty little girl for your mummy, maybe she got her days wrong and wanted to wait up for santaxx

:hugs:
Maybe putting her down,giving her a pacifier and being right next to her,looking at her? When Lola cried to be picked up I would do that and she'd cry a little while but I'd stroke her tummy and head and eventually she'd soothe.

awh poor little thing, hopefully you both got some sleep.
i had one of these nights last night as well.. Jordyn has a set bedtime.. so when that time comes its bedtime no matter what, last night was horrible she refused to go down... So i let her fuss it out in her room. i never ever let her get to the point of tears. but she can fuss all she wants. Your LO is definetly too young to cry it out... at that age they still need to know mommy is right there... at such a young age they dont understand the concept of permanance (sp?) they dont get that when you leave, your still around. they think you've run off for good, and are never coming back :(
My LO is just about 6 months... so she understands now that when mommy leaves the room i'm just around the corner.

I ended up taking her into bed with me (outside of her sleeper, bad I know) and we both slept with her in my arms (also horrible, I know). But she went straight to sleep and we're both better off for it this morning I think.

Glad you had a good night rest hun! you do what you have to when were in need of sleep lol

Me n hubby were looking back at video of Rebecca when she was younger last night. When she was little (I know she still is really), we never really knew what she wanted and we have some film of her srying and us trying to calm her...and the bizarre thing is...now I know her better I know she was still hungry...I can tell from her cry on the film!!
I've now said that if I have another baby I will not automatically say that just cos she's been fed then we can tick that box, I now know that sometimes she mighyt just need a little drink mopre to be comepletely happy.

Just thought I'd say that as it was only last night we saw the vids and just saw this post today. But well done on the good night's sleep...wexactly what I used to do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->