The Fashionably Late Arrival of Miles Fox Hood -- My Little Fox. *added pics*

RedString

Reaction score
So. I Had a sweep this morning, during which my doctor said the only reason I wouldn't go into labour is if I wasnt ready. I decided this meant I had some kind of emotional blockage, and we went out for lunch and I talked out some of the stuff thats been bugging me. We went to Staples to pick up a new keyboard for my computer, and Allen, my loving, wonderful OH, decided to spoil me by buying me a bamboo tablet for my artsiness on the computer, even though we technically couldn't afford it; he sacraficed getting his glasses replaced to pay for it, :cloud9: love him so much.

ANYWAY. We went home immediately after, and when we got there our HST check (Canadian tax credit was waiting in the mail, :happydance: so Allen walked down to the bank to deposit it, during which time I timed the odd contractions I was getting. It was very much like early labour with Adrian, but I didn't want to get my hopes up.

I decided, after monitoring them for a while, to go try having a bath. Talked to my mom while I was in the tub, but didn't actually tell her I suspected I was in early labour in case it turned out to be a false alarm again. Got out of the tub, dried myself off. Went to get a clean pair of underwear, since Id gotten a bit of a show on the last pair, :dohh: and as I go to put on my pants after wards, HUGE gush. I couldn't stop laughing.

Called the hospital, contractions were still talkable, but I was nervous cuz we were taking a taxi, and a whole list of transportation complications. I Called the cab company around 7:30, they didn't get there until about 8, sort of complications. Gave me time to do a final check on my hospital bag, and make sure we had some one to take Adrian tonight. So we packed everything up, the cab guy got lost, by the time he got there contractions were pretty close together and poor Allen kept telling me we'd make it to the hospital in time, but I think he was trying to convince himself more than me, :haha: poor boy.

Cab ride was a little over 45 minutes, and I swear to god he took the bumpiest route possible, which just made it all the worse. :dohh: thankfully little Miles held on until we got into the delivery suite, and even until the doctor got there. He was bigger than Adrian was, and I SCREAMED. Poor Adrian was so confused; the person who'd agreed to watch him tonight had gotten lost, so he was present for the birth of his little brother. He was so scared to see me in so much pain, but Allen held him and kept him calm, on top of supporting me, :cloud9: he really is fantastic.

Through all the screaming, while on my hands and knees, Miles Fox Hood was born at 9:26 PM PST. There was a little bit of meconium passed right before he was born, but he's okay, my little trooper. The umbilical cord wasn't quite long enough for me to hold him on my chest, so he spent the first few minutes of life cuddled into soft towels between my knees as the doctor waited for the cord to stop pulsating before clamping and cutting it. Then he got cuddles with daddy, met his big brother Adrian, and finally laid on me when I was able to lie down for the delivery of the placenta, which also hurt like a b*tch.

I have no tears, no episiotomy. I didn't get my water birth, because I just didnt have the time, but I'm okay with it this time. Couldn't be happier to have my second little man, and no longer look like a beached whale, :haha:

Good luck to those ladies still left, :thumbup: its worth every scream of pain and every curse word you utter. <3

Pics! I know the last one's blurry, our friend had trouble figuring out our camera, :dohh: but i like it anyway.
DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0227.jpg

Congrats on your new arrival :flower:

I was the same way too btw. I was so worried about birth and too busy being negative, but as soon as I relaxed and unwound, wouldn't you know it, my labor started :haha:

come to think of it, I also wrote out an apology to my stepdad; we got in a bad argument last year and i told him to f-off; he hasnt talked to me since. So I wrote a facebook message and sent it to him shortly before I went in the bath, while my contractions were still kind of irregular. So I did a LOT of emotional clean up before Miles would come, but I'm glad I did. becuase now I can just stare at his adorable little face and not worry about anything else. :cloud9: Except maybe if Adrian's coping okay. He's only ever slept away from us once before, so I'm a little worried about the little guy.

Oh, also, pics! Durrr. cant believe I forgot them originally. :roll:

Great story, thanks for sharing and congrats.

Sarah.xxx

Congratulations and I think its great that your DS was there too. What a great family moment :D

Congrats! :flower: He's a little cutie :baby:

Everyone seems to be going into labour except me....:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"