The fast arrival of Amber Isabelle Peacock b07-10-09 8lb3oz

peakydon

proud mam of 3 girls :)
Reaction score
Well 9 days overdue and I was pretty much sick of waiting. I'd had a sweep 2 days before and had convinced myself that it was not going to work even though I was 2-3cms dilated with a bulging water sack. I was sure my body had forgot what to do because I hadn't even had a twinge.

At 3.57am on the morning of the 7th of October I woke up to go to the toilet (again) and on the short journey I started dripping on the floor. I sat on the toilet, a bit dazed, wondering if I'd just weed myself a bit but when I stood up it started again. I put my pants and a pad on to keep an eye on the loss and went downstairs because I was too excited to go back to sleep then the pains started to come and I knew that was it, my baby would be in my arms soon.

I had it in my head that I needed to be up and moving around to keep things moving along (gravity and all) so I ironed Danielle's school uniform, put her packed lunch together and packed her bag ready for school. In the meantime Derek (my OH) had got up and was asking if I was ok and did I need to go to hospital every time I had a contraction (looking back I wish I'd said yes) I told him off for worrying too much and it would be hours yet and I wouldn't be going into hospital until I needed pain relief haha. So at about 5.30am I sent him off to bed, posted on here that I was in labour, made a cuppa and had 2 paracetamol and then ran myself a bath. It was lovely. It made the contraction pain so much easier.

At about 6.45am I noticed it was starting to get a little bit light outside and my pain was getting stronger so I shouted Derek back up to get Danielle ready for school and to take her to Bev's (my next door neighbor) then we would set off to the hospital. Needless to say he had her ready in the blink of an eye. He helped me out of the bath just before he took her round and when I stood up the pain felt so much more intense but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to worry him. It was when he had gone next door that I realised I was in too much pain to dry myself and get ready so I lay on my bed and waited for it to pass which it didn't. It quickly turned into a pushing pain which I tried to fight against. I was in denial thinking I hadn't been in pain for long enough for this to be happening.

When Derek walked back in all I can remember shouting is "Derek the babies coming" He ran upstairs and looked at me then started shouting at me and calling me every name under the sun all while my body is trying to push the baby out and I'm trying to stop it. Then he was running around like a headless chicken going "what do I do?? what do I do??" I managed to get him to get my notes out of the car and phone the MW whos phone was turned off, then he phoned the labour ward who told him it's too late there's nothing we can do phone 999. So he did. Then he ran back next door to get Bev, who thought he was just over-reacting until she walked in the house to find me sitting on the loo telling her I needed a poo.

Bev was fantastic. Although probably shitting herself deep down lol. She just went into midwife mode. Her and Derek put loads of towels on the bed and got me laid down, at this point baby was crowning and strangely enough I still wasn't in that much pain considering.

The 999 operator phoned back to give instructions on how to deliver baby and Derek more or less chucked the phone at Bev and muttered something about "I can't do this" with a few other choice words thrown in for effect. He then went outside and paced up and down the road waiting for the ambulance to arrive while poor Bev was left with me to deliver the baby.

My next push was a little half hearted and nothing seemed to happen. I was feeling down below with my hand to see what was going on and getting wrong off Bev for trying to push it back lol. My next 2 or 3 pushes (I can't remember) I gave everything I had and I got her head out as well as my waters breaking all over the bed. Babys face and lips were blue and I remember Bev telling the operator this and then she cleared baby's airways and checked there was no cord around her neck.

Then I had the weirdest feeling as baby turned ready to come out. I thought Bev was doing this but I didn't realise they turn themselves. I can't remember this with Danielle. The rapid response paramedic ran upstairs as I was giving my last big push and out slid her body at 7.30am and straight away she cried. I was over the moon and so was Bev. :happydance:

The cord was so long that Bev was sitting on the bed next to me holding her and she wrapped her up in loads of towels and blankets to keep her warm and just talked to her for a bit while we waited for the ambulance to come. Bev then got to cut the cord while I thought I should maybes get some clothes on. It's right when they say your dignity goes out of the window when you have a baby lol.

I had to go to hospital to deliver the placenta because the paramedics aren't allowed to in case something goes wrong, otherwise I could have stayed at home. By the time I got to hospital it was almost out anyway. We were both back home by 3pm :cloud9: I love her soooooo much. She is absolutely gorgeous even if I am a little biased.

Thanks for reading. Hope it wasn't too long. xxx

Aww what great story to tell LO when she is older:)

Congratulation :)

Congratulations...lovely story...and beautiful little girl...

CONGRATS! She is perfect! What a great story! It must have taken years off your DH life lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->