The fast arrival of my beautiful daughter Katie Mai 30.7.09

Elliebank

♥Mummy to Katie & Ethan♥
Reaction score
I was due on 26.7.09 according to my dating scan, however I knew that I wasn't actually due until 30.7.09 as I knew what date I ovulated. I'd had a sweep on Mon 27.7.09 which caused me to lose a bit of blood but didn't do much else.

When I woke up on 30.7.09 I found certain positions in bed uncomfortable - I couldn't lie on my right side as I felt really 'heavy' down below & felt like I was lying on her head. I got up about 9.30am & noticed I was getting a few tightenings which I soon realised were contractions. They were quite close together but not regular & not too painful (approx 10-15 mins apart). When I went to the toilet I lost my plug. The contractions continued all day, some were 10mins apart, some only 2mins apart. As they weren't regular & not lasting very long (only about 20/30 secs) I still wasn't actually sure that I was in 'proper' labour - I had visions of this going on for days.

They started to get more painful & so I rang the hospital at 2.30pm, but as they weren't regular & not lasting long they told me to stay at home if I could bear them & take paracetemol & have a bath.

I had a bath at 5.30pm & at this point they were getting quite painful. As I was in the bath I wasn't timing how often they were coming but I think at this point they were coming at least every 5mins. Chris got home from work about 6pm & was quite surprised to see how much pain I was in as although I'd kept him informed throughout the day I hadn't really told him how bad they were getting. When I got out the bath they were really bad and I was beginning to worry about how I'd cope once I got nearer to having her (I still thought I had ages to go). Chris had gone out to the shop to get me a sandwich & when he came back & saw me he told me to ring the hospital. I did this & told them that I wanted to push & so they told me to come in.

We arrived at the hospital at 8.15pm & when they examined me they said I was fully dilated :shock: I couldn't believe it!! I honestly expected them to say I was only 4cm & to go home!! Needless to say I couldn't have my planned waterbirth as they didn't have time to move me. Once I was on the bed & pushing the pain of the contractions didn't seem so bad - I think the pushing took my mind off it. I had a bit of gas & air but TBH it didn't seem to do anything so I didn't bother with it. My waters broke at 8.51pm which showed she had poo'd inside me, so I had to go on the monitor. As I was already on the bed though this didn't bother me.

They had to perform an episiotomy on me which although I hadn't wanted one, it was a relief when they did it as I felt her head come out a lot more. It was so strange when her head was born as it was just there, not doing anything & I expected it to be when her head came out that she'd take her first breath, not when all of her came out. It took ages for me to get another contraction to push her body out, and she kept wriggling which bloody hurt!!!

My beautiful daughter Katie Mai was born at 9.51pm weighing 7lb 9oz, 53cm long :cloud9: It was absolutely amazing & I couldn't wait to hold her (she had to be passed to a doctor first as she had poo'd inside me)

Having the stitches done afterwards hurt quite a bit & seemed to take ages, I was using the gas & air then!! It was a 2nd degree tear. I had about an hour's skin to skin contact with her & managed to breast feed her, which is going well. Chris cried when she was born which was lovely to see, he is absolutely besotted with her.

I was already talking about having a little brother or sister for her later that night, and can honestly say that I enjoyed labour. Yes it was painful but I was very lucky that it went so well & fast. And of course the prize at the end of it was so worth it :baby:

Here are some pics of my beautiful little girl :cloud9:

Attachments

• Photo0012.jpg
    Photo0012.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 103
  • Photo0020.jpg
    Photo0020.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Photo0039.jpg
    Photo0039.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 123
I think I had your share of the long labour :lol: what a lovely delivery in the end, well done hun ! :D she's gorgeous :D

well done !!! she is so cute :)Congratulations !

Congrats!

I remember getting to hospital fully dilated and thinking they were going to tell me not enough go home!

Congratulations :happydance: Your story is so similar to mine, I also thought the gas and air wasn't that great but used when I was stitched due to a 2nd degree tear too! I was also 4 days overdue and gave birth very soon after arriving at hospital!
She's gorgeous, welcome to the world Katie :kiss:

I'm so proud of you! :cloud9: I hope all the very best for you and your family!!! Lots of love to you! :hugs2:

Oh my, she's beautiful! Congratulations!! :happydance:

Huge congratulations. Katie is gorgeous! I'm really glad the BF is going so well for you xx

Awe beautiful Katie Mai....she's adorable hun! I'm so glad your labor wasn't long and you enjoyed it...can't believe you were thinking of having another right after though :shock: Congrats again! XO :hugs:

Fab story honey, so glad it went quickly and whilst painful, it didnt last too long. The stitches dont sound good but I am sure the tear will heal quickly :) She is an absolute stunner!

Congrats, EB! She is absolutely precious! :cloud9: I hope to have a labour just like yours ... maybe minus the tearing ;) Glad she's finally here.

Congratulations and what a beautiful little girl you have there!!

she is gorgeous and what a lovely birth story!! congrats hun! xxx

Huge congrats! She's gorgeous! We are now TTC again so hopefully it'll be my turn soon, take care! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->