The first week of work is over...

Dona

Reaction score
...and I have actually enjoyed myself! There have been a few dramas but its been actually OK, much better than I thought. So what have the dramas been I hear you type? Well..........

Monday - work was weird but good. Boss had a chat with me about being a Mum and a senior manager at the same time. Telling me that I need to just resign myself to not seeing Archie during the week. He then asks if this is the job for me as I am a Mum now......I am starting to see I might need to speak to HR very soon. Monday night Archie has a really high temp

Tuesday morn he was OK so sent him to nursery, I gets a call from them a couple of hours later. Gordon picks him up. Archie's got a viral infection and its in his ears and throat. Phones my boss to give him the heads up that I might need a dependents day off tomorrow - hes not amused LOL.

Wednesday - I am off with Archie as hes still not well but a little bit better. It was great falling back into my maternity routine again.

Thursday - Work was OK and Archie is too.

Friday - Archie is nearly walking....how did that happen as hes only been crawling for three weeks! Yikes. Nursery is really good for him I guess....except the bugs...! Friday night - he has a high temp again. Arghhhhh

So in summary....its been like having a newborn in the house as hes so unsettled with this fever thing and we arent getting lots of sleep like normal. I have passed 9 exams and brain is fried. Archie is developing at at rate I can't keep up with....is it worth going back to work - HELL YEAH - I have found me again and my boys found friends..oh and his legs.

So for all you Mummy's that are returning to work soon...its actually OK. I think its just the fear of the unknown. Having adult conversation is good. I have lots to talk about with Gordon. Yes you miss your LOL but it gets easier everyday.

Still, I do miss my daily Jeremy Kyle!

Dona xx

Oh I am so glad Dona , hope Archie is feeling better now too.

This gives me hope! :)

Great to hear your first week went well apart from the chat with your boss. Where does he get off saying being a mum could conflict with your Senior role...honestly...HR visit defo.
Sorry to hear Archie up and down with illness, hope he gets better soon. Emily has been ill, she had the swine flu vaccine and it knocked her for six. You are right it is like having a newborn when they are ill, I forgot how hard sleepless nights are.

Fab news about Archie walking, he is really accelerating.

Do you mind if I add you on facebook?

Back to work full time on Monday...aaaahhhh!

x

Yeah add me on FB - dona robertson edinburgh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"