the headaches

sil

Reaction score
I've had a headache now for 5 days straight on and off. Today it actually turned into a full blown extremely painful migraine complete with light aversion and sound aversion (which is awful when you have a 17 month old running around). What can I do besides tylenol? Tylenol never gets rid of my headaches... ibuprofen is the only thing that ever works for me, but you can't have that while pregnant. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take:nope:

I'm sorry you're suffering so badly. I feel your pain. Headaches are just so debilitating. Ugh.

For me the best thing is cold on my head. If it's really bad I need cold on my head and hot on my hands/feet/hot bath. The hot helps to draw the blood from your throbbing head and the cold helps constrict the veins even more.

I promise it works. Tylenol doesn't help me either but this really does. If you can get in the bath and put an ice pack on your head, dim the lights, and lay back and relax for 20-30 minutes. It really, really will help.

I hope you feel better soon.

Pregnacy migraines are the worst, you poor thing, I had them on and off with both my boys until 16w. I can remember wanting to crawl out of my own skin, labour was less painful!

Sipping a pint of ice topped up with water, soda water or lemon water, and ice pops helps me. And sleep of course. I throw up with mine as well, vile! I take paracetamol which takes the edge off a little, if I can keep if down.

Hugs hun I suffer from them all the time wether I'm pregnant or not and the best thing for is a cold flannel across my head and I lay down in a dark room and sleep it off. Usually I can't always do that as hubby is at work but the cold flannel really does help take the edge of it.

I agree with dan-o they are more painful then labour and I get sick with them too. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->