The implant or injection

woodr

first time mum
Reaction score
Hi

I can't decide on which one, I have tried the coil before and patches so they are a no go and can't remember take the pill so considering the above but my main concern is weight gain can anyone help me make a decision? Xxx

I had the implant and it sent me crazy. I was angry constantly and crying all the time. Dont think i gained too much weight though.

I've hot the implant, had it about 6months now. Got to agree with above, I have a very short fuse now. My periods go on forever. Shortest so far being 9 days! Not heavy, most just panty liner stuff but still annoying! Virtually no libido either. No weight gain tho, infact I'm at my slimmest in years.

I wouldn't get another after this tho, I was hoping my periods would disappear, which they do for some people. But like you I don't remember to take the pill. Maybe try the injection at least that's not for 3 years so if you didnt like you wouldn't have too long to wait!

I have the implant ad love it! The first time I would get periods every 3 months and they were lighter and not painful. Tho when I stopped walking as much I gained weight and found it hard to get rid of it (it did come off once it was removed) and it does make you hungry. But it was convenient and easy to get put in and taken out.

I've had a new one put in after I had my daughter (3 weeks pp) and so far only one period (11 weeks pp) never had the injection but everyone I spoke to who had it said they had gained weight with it

i had depo it made me fat and it took years ttc

had implant in for 6 months had to take it out. it was irritating me.getting it taken out was v painful

If it was up to me I would take nothing feel loads better when on nothing but I know I will get caught and the thought of 3 under 3 is terrifying! Lol

I'd like to not take anything too! Lol. Mind me and OH used withdrawal for a year and a half and the moment we didn't (to TTC) we fell preg! So it worked for us but I really didn't want to ruck getting pregnant again yet as want DD to be in school before we have the next one!

I secretly would like another wen they both at school but not telling hubby!lol I'm tempted to try injection n see how it goes? X

The best thing you can do is try it and see how it goes. Everyone reacts differently to BC. I mean, I get along with the implant but the other ladies who posted here don't. So you don't know how you'll get along with it until you try it.

Good luck and hope it works for you! :)

Not the injection! I know its different for everyone but of it doesn't agree with you you have to wait for it to leave your system, which can take a lot longer than it actually lasts!

I had the injection 3 months ago and it litereally triggered pnd, it has horrible side affects, got really spotty, tearfull, anxious, and depression, I feel much better already not getting it again but gotta wait for it to leave my system, I havnt stopped bleeding since I had it either, for me the cons of it arnt worth it, I didn't gain any weight but it can pile weight on woman like theres no tomorrow, I would opt for the implant, im currently on the "WAITING LIST" which is a joke and they wernt going to give me a pill in the meantime, but pushed and got it x

I had the injection 3 months ago and it litereally triggered pnd, it has horrible side affects, got really spotty, tearfull, anxious, and depression, I feel much better already not getting it again but gotta wait for it to leave my system, I havnt stopped bleeding since I had it either, for me the cons of it arnt worth it, I didn't gain any weight but it can pile weight on woman like theres no tomorrow, I would opt for the implant, im currently on the "WAITING LIST" which is a joke and they wernt going to give me a pill in the meantime, but pushed and got it x

Just wondering, if you don't mind discussing it with a stranger, how long since it "ran out" have you been bleeding for? Mine "ran out" yesterday and i'm hoping I won't have to put up with much more bleeding :(

Just wondering, if you don't mind discussing it with a stranger, how long since it "ran out" have you been bleeding for? Mine "ran out" yesterday and i'm hoping I won't have to put up with much more bleeding :(

No course not :) mine ran out on the 18th of July, and got the pill on the 24th and I've literally stopped, not sure if its because I started the pill or it naturally ended but I think it ended without the pill as it stopped the first day of taking it.. Never again will I get the depo! Pain in the bum! Literally 😬 lol

Thankyou :) i'm hoping it just stopped naturally because the pill is not an option for me... I've heard it is sometimes prescribed to stop drop bleeding. Either way i'm glad your bleeding stopped now! Its such a nightmare, no wonder depo is so effective - it just makes us bleed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->