The induction story of baby George

scoobymum

Reaction score
Hello,

After 2 months I'm finally getting round to writing my birth story.
So grab a cuppa, it could be a long one!

My waters broke at 3.15 on Friday night, I was 41+3. I had my induction booked in for the Sunday, so I was so pleased when I thought it was going to start naturally. Unfortunately, nothing else happened so I went into hospital at 8.00am on the Saturday morning to begin my induction. boo!

After being monitored for 1/2 hour, I had the pessary inserted. This was not painful and just caused mild period pains. I though I was being very brave...haha, little did I know what was to come!

At approx 4.30 in the afternoon, I was taken down to the labour ward and put on the drip in my left wrist. I had 2 monitors placed on my tummy and a pulse thingy clip put on my finger. I found this part upsetting, as I felt like I had been "Strapped" down to the bed and could not move, but after about 1/2 hour I soon got over it as I realised I could move round the bed/ bounce on the ball ect.

This went on for a few hours, I was using my tenns machine but it didn't really do much. I think my established labour began at about 7.00pm. By this point I was really having to breath through the contractions and asked for the gas and air. I looooved it!! :thumbup:

As the drip was increased so was the pain. After a few hours of struggling I asked to be measured and was only 3cm, what??!!! I realised now that I was not going to do it naturally as i had hoped and quickly asked for an epidural.

luckily for me, there were only 3 woman on the labour was so I got the epi pretty quickly. I can't remember it hurting being put in, but I was in so much pain anyway I probably didn't notice.

At this point, my dh had had enough and went very pale, the midwife had to tell him to sit down with his head between his legs, haha! He later said that standing up for that long rubbing my back was really hard work...poor didums....!

Unfortunately, the epi only worked on my left side! I still had pain, albeit manageable pain, on my right side. Rubbish! Although, having some pain helped me to know when to push when the time came.

After a few more looong hours, I wanted to push. I have to say this was much harder than I ever thought. I had prepared myself for the pain of contractions, but didn't realise how hard and tiring the pushing part would be. It made me throw up and cry!

After pushing for a while on all fours, over the bed, on my back nothing was happening. The midwives were wondering why my contractions were slowing down, then my DH noticed that I had pulled out the drip whilst pushing, whoops! They had a panic to try and put a new one in quickly, but I was so hot and sweaty it was really hard to get in. Later, we noticed that all my wrist and thumb swelt up as it was in so badly. Once it was back in, it ran out!! So panic stations again whilst they changed it.

Once we were back on track, I just couldn't push him out. The midwives were starting to look anxious and had a tray of scary looking equipment ready. I was expecting them to say I had to have a cup/forceps/ c-section. To be honest, I would have said yes to anything!!
They said they were going to cut me and i agreed, then I managed to push him out on my own, yay!!! He was put on my chest and was perfect.

Unfortunately, the bad luck carried on. As my contractions had stopped, I couldn't deliver the plancenta. I had a manual removal which was horrible!!!! I needed the gas and air again and the dr was so rough with me I could have removed my leg from the stirrup and happily kicked her in the head!! he he.

I was then told I had a 3rd degree tear and had to go to theatre to be stitched up, great...We had to wait for about 2 hours, I was just lying in my own grossness and couldn't have anything to eat or drink. :nope:

When I got into theatre, the problem of the one-sided epidural came back to haunt me and they wanted to give me a general anaesthetic. At this point, I lost it a bit and started to cry. The anaesthetic man was soooooo nice, they gave me loads of local anaesthetic so I didn't have to be put under. He also put something into my hand, I have no idea what but it was faaaab! All my nerves and stress went and I was happy as larry! :cloud9:

After I was stitched up I was reunited with my DS and DH and we could finally begin our family time. I had to stop in for 2 nights until i erm...perfomed.
Being on my own at night was tough and i was petrified about going to the loo, but after two days I was so desperate to go home that I just got on with it and it really was fine!

Well done if you've made it to the end! Having a baby is the best and hardest thing I have ever done, nothing can really prepare you for it.
But I love my DS so much and he honestly is worth all the pain. sleepless nights and pooey nappies!! He is now 2 months old and I can't remember him not being in my life. :cloud9:

Good luck to all the ladies who are having babies soon, you will be fine!! Just go with the flow during labour. If you need pain relief then take it, the midwives don't give out medals for doing it naturally! x x x

Thank you! I don't know how to add photos, are there any instructions on the site? then i will happily put some photos up, any excuse really...hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->