The ironies of pregnancy

Nikko88

Reaction score
I forgot how much the first trimester sucks.

Bone crushing fatigue followed by nightly insomnia, night sweats and vivid dreams.

Constant need to pee with reduced ability to store and hold it.

Hunger that terms me into a ravenous wolf with heart burn and constipation.

And I know this is nothing compared to third trimester. But it's worth it. Just got to get through pregnancy and the first year of sleepless hell.

I find first tri hardest of all!

I feel you. Although I don't really get ravenously hungry, just really sick feeling and I know I need to eat to feel better, even though the thought of food makes me want to barf. Ug. Eating becomes such a chore during this stage.

Yeah I don't enjoy first tri at all!! Eughh!

Sickness, fatigue- randomly falling asleep, constant 'need' to eat but like pp said, food doesn't feel like fun to eat. I am trying hard not to count down the days to second tri. (that's with hoping I will magically be feeling awesome by then).

The grand irony is that if you are not feeling all of those symptoms as strongly as you think you should, then you are left dealing with anxiety about whether the pregnancy is doing well. There is no winning. :-/

First tri has been tough so far.. Constantly feeling sick and ready to puke. Stomach too empty:puke, stomach too full: puke..
No energy, etc

But then 10 weeks hit and it's all back. I have finally been able to spent a few mornings in the garden planting things and do errands in the afternoon and then stay up late without any naps.
Yesterday I had two large dinners 3 hours apart.

And my midwife found the heartbeat yesterday, so all is well!

10 weeks seems to be a magical number for me. I am happy!

I hope 10 is the magic number for me too - I don't want this feeling to last much longer!

I find first tri so hard! I'm 37 weeks pregnant now and although I'm exhausted you know the end is in sight.
I had severe morning sickness, couldn't keep my eyes open and just felt ill so constantly for about 16 weeks - first tri is the worst!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->