The joys of pregnancy...

babydust92

Reaction score
Waking up at 3am because of excruciating heartburn, trying to sort it out to turn going back upstairs after drinking my glass of water. What followed? Having to sit up because heartburn just didn't know it wasn't wanted, feeling the urge to throw up and then spewing on the stairs carpet.
Finally making it to the kitchen but projectile vomiting all over the kitchen floor tiles to then slip in my own vomit... Yeah. I love being pregnant but it's not all glamorous.

Anybody else with horrifying stories like this?

I had the same a few times with my second pregnancy :hugs:

Oh that’s sounds awful ! I had horrible heartburn all three pregnancies worse with DD2 and DS though so I feel your pain !

I ended up getting omperzole off the GP have you tried anything off your GP ?

Hope it eases soon x

Omg what a nightmare. U poor thing. The only thing that I do is keep peeing myself:oops:
My neuasa is back and I do get a bit of acid reflux at night which also makes u feel sick. But I haven't been sick.
Also so much wind right now:oops:

I occasionally get bad acid reflux in the middle of the night. The stomach acid wants to make it's way all the way up. Once at 3am I burped in my sleep and then a bunch of stomach acid started shooting up my throat and I had to sit up super fast from a dead sleep. It made it's way into my mouth and the acid burned so much and was just pure acid and not vomit. Ended up forcing it back down and as I was startled from a dead sleep ended up aspirating a bit and had a coughing fit. Was not pleasant and was terrified to sleep again. I never got back to bed that night at least it's been a couple weeks and hasn't happened since.

During my second pregnancy I got a terrible nosebleed while at work. I was gushing blood from my face but didn't want to cause a scene so I didn't ask for help. By the time got the bleeding under control, my office looked like a crime scene with desperate, bloody hand prints over everything. My giant belly was covered in blood. I headed straight home on the train, where I attracted even more attention. It was horrible and embarrassng, but fortunately only happened that one time.

Oh that’s sounds awful ! I had horrible heartburn all three pregnancies worse with DD2 and DS though so I feel your pain !

I ended up getting omperzole off the GP have you tried anything off your GP ?

Hope it eases soon x
I ended up getting Peptac but the instructions were to only use it when you wake up and after your main meal. My heartburn couldn't handle that and I didn't want to suffer in agony for 5+ hours to then be allowed to take it again. I ended up taking it whenever my heartburn appeared. I ran out in a week. I wasn't allowed another prescription when I asked :/

Oh that’s terrible ! GP should be looking at other medicines you could try ! I only ever used Tums with DD1 worked a treat stopped selling them in the U.K. and I used omperzole and gaviscon advance with DD2 and DS . Have you tried getting something like omperzole ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->