The Late Arrival Of Baby Robert

SarahhhLouise

Mummy to a gawjess boy
Reaction score
On thursday the 3rd of march i went to my midwife appointment for a sweep and to book my induction, midwife said i was only 1.5 cm dialated and 75% effaced so she gave me a sweep, and booked me in for induction for the 8th of march at 6am as i was boarderline on whether or not id need the gel, after my sweep, i took a steady walk around the town and then went home and had a well earnt rest, when i woke up i was dissappointed i wasnt really having many signs of contractions so i decided i would try a last ditch attempt at having a spicy curry for tea, at 7pm i was starting to feel back pain but it wasnt really regular and about 20 or more mins apart, so i ate my curry watched tv with my OH and went to bed and by midnight i was struggling to get to sleep for back pain so i rang my mum and she said i could be in back labour, i decided to wait it out to see if anything came of it and started to time when the pain was coming, at 4 am when they were coming every 4 minutes i decided to ring labour and delivery who told me to take paracetamol and have a bath and to ring back when i couldnt cope with the pain, at 5am i woke my OH and told him i think i eeded to go to the hospital as i was in a lot of pain and paracetamol wasnt working, so i rang back labour and delivery wgho told me to come in and they would check me over, i got there and they tested my blood pressure, urine and baby heartbeat, and checked how dialted i was, i thought i would maybe be 2 or 3cm at the most but i was 5, so my OH went to the car to get my hospital bag and to ring work and let them know he wouldnt be coming in today as i was in labour, and by the time he got back i was in agony and really couldnt cope, i started on gas and air while they were filling up the birthing pool, and i cant really remember too much detail after that, not sure if thats down to gas and air on to being exhausted, but i got out the pool to see how much id progressed and i was 8 cm and it seemed to go really quick from then it was about 9am and as i said i cant remeber too much detail other than it being so painful and begging for an epidural, but the midwife kept telling me that he was nearly here now so i didnt need one, she ended up breaking my waters and they were still in tact at 9.5cm and the urge to push was so overwhelming i wanted to get ot over and done with, he was born at 11.50am on the 4th of march 2011, he had trouble to start breathing but once the midwife had rubbed him alittle he started crying, the most scariest moment of my life. he weighed 8lb 15 1/2 0z and was 53cm long, he fed almost straight away, so was allowed to be discharged at 5pm the same day, Hes so amazing, im so in love with him! i didnt believe people when they said you instantly forget the pain, but you really do, i would do it all over again just for him. Hes such a calm baby and a right little beauty. will add pictures soon xx

Aww congratulations, looking forward to the piccies :flower:

congrats hun, sounds like a lovely birth even though you were in pain you coped really well :hugs:

Ahh congrats!
Cant wait to see some photos!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"