The long awaited arrival of Evie May born 11/4/10

country_girl8

Reaction score
On the 11th April, 9 days overdue and totaly begining to accept i might need an induction my baby girl decided to arrive. Lots of niggly pains on saturday after lots of walking i went to bed and woke up at 2.20 am with regular 4 min contractions. After a half hour wait decided to ring the on call midwife 1 was available as i planned a homebirth. She arrived within half an hour and i was examined and was 3-4cm. I was coping well with contractions and breathing and wiggling my hips from side to side as i found this was the best position to be in. The 2nd midwife arrived and things started to progress quite quickly had my show and was then examined again and found to be 8cm. I was on the gas and air for half an hour it wasn't realy doing alot they then took it off me and made me go the rest without anything. Babys heartbeat was dipping and i was told i had to push to get the baby out quick as she was becoming distressed. For what felt like forever i finaly gave birth when in fact it was only 15mins of pushing the found the cord was wrapped around her neck twice. They delt with it without me even knowing what was going on and Evie was passed straight onto my chest. It took her a little while and some rough rubbing of her back for her to gain colour and cry. I was then given the injection to deliver the placenta i managed to get away without any stitches. Baby was checked over and weighed in at 8lb 7 1/2oz i was then ran a nice bath fed some toast and a cup of tea. By the time i returned to my bedroom it was as tidy as it was before she even came. Once the midwives were happy they left and i stayed i bed to rest.

ahww congratulations hun!!
sounds like you have a good birth :happydance:
cant wait to see piccysxx

Sounds like a fab birth! Well done :)

Cat
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members