The long wait for first OB appt

Dandi how did your appointment go?

I have my first appt/scan at 6 weeks on the 27th. I'm biting finger nails waiting for it to get here. I need to see a heartbeat as well! It's not quite sinking in that I'm pregnant yet. I caught my bfp SUPER early, so numbers were low in the beginning, but rising how they should be.

This next week and a half is going to be full of anxiety! :wacko:

It was ok I guess.I had my blood labs done and I called yesterday for the results. They couldn't tell me my hcg levels though so I have to call back again tomorrow. My first ultrasound isn't until march 3rd though, so I'm still waiting to see a heartbeat before I can truly feel excited.

Aww Dandi, that is so tough! Why are the bloods taking so long? Did they explain?

I totally understand- this thread is so perfect. My appointment is on the 24th and I have a countdown going with DH. I am currently wavering between being so happy/excited to nervous/scared. I am trying my best to distract myself with work and other activities but of course it's hard.

The key for me has been watching what I read online. I try to stick to happy birth stories and positive threads. That's helped my attitude overall. Knowing you ladies are in the waiting game with me has helped also! :hugs: Thank you to you guys!

Well I just talked to the nurse again actually and she still couldn't give me my hcg count. She said she doesn't think the doctor ordered it, but I don't know why he wouldn't. I thought that would be part of any regular pregnancy panel blood work. Frustrating. BUT, I did ask her if everything looked ok overall on my results and she went over everything and said that I looked fine and there was nothing that would indicated that I need to have an earlier appointment or cancel my u/s appointment or anything. So I'm just going to take that as a win and be pleased with it until my next appointment. Otherwise, I will worry myself to death about it and that's not good for anyone.

Your appointment will be here before you know it! Fingers crossed that everything goes perfectly and all is well. Be sure to post back here with an update!

Well...my appt put us in a holding pattern. My hcg is a little over 6,000, but at 6+2 we could only see a gestational sac. No yolk sac, no baby, no heartbeat. A little gutted right now. I go back in at 8 weeks; if we can see something then...awesome. If not, I will need to prepare for another m/c.

So sorry that you're dealing with that. Thinking of you and hoping for the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->