The Lovely Bones

kandbumpx

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this film? Is it based on a true story?

Seen it a few weeks back.

Not real but the book is better.

V xxx

It's based on a fictional book. It isn't nearly as good as the book though so if you see it, read the book after the fact instead of before, otherwise you'll end up mad. :haha:

We actually had to read the lovely bones in high school english. My teacher wrote the author and told her how much she loved the book, and the author sent enough books for our class to use! For free too! :D

I have read the book, not seen the film! I wasn't a major fan of the book tbh.

Ahh, for some reason I thought it was based on a true story :dohh:

I'd read the book, but I usually never get any further than a 1/4 way through any book lol

Alice Sebold actually has an autobiography as well that is really good called Lucky which is obviously a true story. Tragic too because she was raped IRL. Which is part of the inspiration for the lovely bones.

uhhh sexy mark wahlberg. the film wasnt what i expected, very sad :(

The film annoyed me.

But the acting was superb.

Susan Sarandon is brilliant :)

V xxx

I know, I'm thinking same tbh.. Cause I really enjoyed the film

I was so disappointed in the movie as with the cast & director, I thought it would be great! A shame too because I bought the book ages ago, never got round to reading it and now I don't want to :dohh:

I watched the film the other night on Film4, enjoyed but quite disturbing also. Can't compare it to the book as i haven't read it, think i will at some point.
x

i have read the book and watched the film on film4 the other night.........loved both!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->