The moaning thread

Lovemybump1

Reaction score
This is just a complaining thread if anyone fancies joining in. I am feeling very sorry for myself at the moment. Not sleeping for several reasons, shattered all day long, then having to teach primary children, back aches, sciatic pain and then a cough which feels like it's turning into a chest infection. :cry:

We moved house on the 4th, and brought our cat over on the 5th, he was great the first night but now every night since he's up all night scratching at the carpet, the window, pulling at the bed, and every night I'm up every 20-30 mins trying to get him to settle, which he will until he realises I'm asleep!!!! Meanwhile my OH sleeps away next to me. He says he doesn't hear him, which would be fine but I make a point of shoving him in the back sometimes when Charlie is fussing at his side of the bed and all he does is bang on the side of the bed and go back to sleep!
I understand that he's at work, but not until 2pm, so he'd still get plenty of sleep.
I spend all day exhausted, and can't help but feel that it's going to be a taste of things to come. I almost feel like downloading a crying baby track and playing it one night to see if he wakes up, lol.
And to top it all off last night Charlie (cat) discovered how to open our divan bed drawers, not only did he open one and get inside, he then climbed out the back of the draw and was INSIDE THE BED FRAME! :help:
OH was asleep so I shoved him awake and told him, he opened the drawer and was like "He's not in here" and I was like "I KNOW HES INSIDE" and he shut the draw, and I was like "OMG DONT SHUT THE DRAW, YOULL HURT HIM YOU IDIOT", lol. Not my finest moment.
Anyway Charlie is fine, he was coaxed out with some dreamies (cat treats) but now we have the drawers wedged shut with suitcases, lol. :haha:

And then I woke up with shooting stabby pains down both sides of my abdomen which took about 15 mins to go!

So basically I'm tired, lol.

This is Charlie with his innocent face on. :haha:

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/Tag2290/070520132011.jpg

I know how you feel with being tired (obviously, lol), and I've had the cough/chest infection too, they can take a while to pass and I've had it twice now! :( Drinking warm vinto and eating cold ice pops should help a little.
When does your maternity leave start?

xx

This thread is perfect for me today! I've had GD since around 6 weeks pregnant and at the moment, DH is eating pizza. I'm sitting here having a tantrum that I can't eat anything that I want to eat and feeling really sorry for myself. Basically everything I crave is either off limits or I can only eat in such small amounts it's like a tease and not even worth it. I can't even believe that I'm having a tantrum over food but I'll just blame it on pregnancy hormones :cry:.

This thread is perfect for me today! I've had GD since around 6 weeks pregnant and at the moment, DH is eating pizza. I'm sitting here having a tantrum that I can't eat anything that I want to eat and feeling really sorry for myself. Basically everything I crave is either off limits or I can only eat in such small amounts it's like a tease and not even worth it. I can't even believe that I'm having a tantrum over food but I'll just blame it on pregnancy hormones :cry:.

Oh hun I know how that feels, before I fell pregnant I was following a strict low carb diet and couldn't eat most of the things I wanted to and I'd get so upset! I can't even imagine how it must be pregnant with all the hormones flying around. What foods is it you're missing?
Pizza was my main annoyance, I love pizza, so I had a google around and found some alternate recipes. Have you heard of using grated cauliflower, cheese and egg to make a pizza base? I don't even like cauliflower and I love that pizza base, filled the cravings every time!

Here's a few pics of some I made back then, I used to keep a blog, lol.

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/Tag2290/day8dinner1.jpg

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/Tag2290/day1312.jpg

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/Tag2290/day6413.jpg

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/Tag2290/day7512.jpg

I don't know if cauliflower has any particular conflict with GD though!

Oh hun I know how that feels, before I fell pregnant I was following a strict low carb diet and couldn't eat most of the things I wanted to and I'd get so upset! I can't even imagine how it must be pregnant with all the hormones flying around. What foods is it you're missing?
Pizza was my main annoyance, I love pizza, so I had a google around and found some alternate recipes. Have you heard of using grated cauliflower, cheese and egg to make a pizza base? I don't even like cauliflower and I love that pizza base, filled the cravings every time!

I was dieting before I was pregnant too so I went from that diet to this diet. I feel like such a baby for whining about food but DH doesn't understand how hard it is to have cravings and not be able to indulge. I'm missing everything I can't have. I'd love some pizza or french fries. I've never been big on sweets but I crave chocolate, cakes, and candy sooo badly now. I love rice and pasta and breads. I don't mind eating the whole wheat versions but I can't have that much and as sad as it is, eating is comforting to me after a long, bad day.

Do you still have the recipe you used for the cauliflower pizza? That looks soooo delicious! I have heard of it but I'm challenged when it comes to cooking and always manage to screw things up! Is it easy to do? Ugh, my mouth is watering just looking at those pics lol, had to delete them from the quote reply.

I need to moan too! I just found out my income is going to drop to almost nothing ($210 a month) granted I won't be work more than 6-8 hours a week, it sucks! I had such a good steady SAHM job babysitting kids and now I feel I might need to "find a real job" once baby is a few months old. I really hope I can find a new family to tend before that happens

I was dieting before I was pregnant too so I went from that diet to this diet. I feel like such a baby for whining about food but DH doesn't understand how hard it is to have cravings and not be able to indulge. I'm missing everything I can't have. I'd love some pizza or french fries. I've never been big on sweets but I crave chocolate, cakes, and candy sooo badly now. I love rice and pasta and breads. I don't mind eating the whole wheat versions but I can't have that much and as sad as it is, eating is comforting to me after a long, bad day.

Do you still have the recipe you used for the cauliflower pizza? That looks soooo delicious! I have heard of it but I'm challenged when it comes to cooking and always manage to screw things up! Is it easy to do? Ugh, my mouth is watering just looking at those pics lol, had to delete them from the quote reply.

I was following celebrity slim (but with cheaper shakes) and the liquid meals twice a day really suited me, some foods cause me pain because I had my gall bladder removed, but the shakes didn't!
My OH didn't understand either, his attitude would be "it's just food/just eat it", which obviously in your poisition you can't! :(
I know exactly what you mean, it's nice to be able to sit down after a hard day and eat something delicious!

I'm not a great cook either, but I experimented a lot during my low carb eating and found that I can manage most things, lol. I even made bread!

https://thickand.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/snack-list-and-recipes.html

The recipe is at the bottom of the page, that's my old blog. You basically just grate half a cauliflower, steam it in the microwave for about 8-10 minutes until it feels dry. Let it cool a bit and mix in a cup of grated cheese and a beaten egg. Pat out into a pizza tray or baking tray, if you have parchment paper put it underneath, if not you should be able to get it off the tray anyway so don't worry! The recipe there says to add some herbs or spices to the crust, but since the first time I made it I never have, it doesn't really need it!
You put it in the oven at about gas mark 8 for about 15 minutes (or until golden-ish and crispy, sometimes it can take a while depending on thickness of base), take it out, add your pizza sauce, toppings (precooked) and cheese and either put it back in the oven for 5-10 mins or stick it under a grill until the cheese is melted through.

Then you eat it, allllllllllllllll of itttttttttt, lol.

xx

I need to moan too! I just found out my income is going to drop to almost nothing ($210 a month) granted I won't be work more than 6-8 hours a week, it sucks! I had such a good steady SAHM job babysitting kids and now I feel I might need to "find a real job" once baby is a few months old. I really hope I can find a new family to tend before that happens

I'm sure you'll find one hun! Will keep fingers crossed for you! :hugs:

Good post!!!

I'm going to join in and have a good moan.

Fed up, 3 days to go. Have severe SPD and it's killing me.

Dealing with an almost 3 year old who has decided to regress in the toilet department over the last 2 days.

Weather is crap and raining almost non stop.

Had a sweep on Monday and it's not worked. Can't get induced until at least 10 days late even though I was induced first time at 40+5 due to SPD.

Generally so fed up and bored waiting now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the moan haha x

I feel like all I do is moan atm lol im struggling with these last few weeks with back an hip pain, exhaustion, tiredness, morning sickness, my daughter kicking an fidgeting constantly! And mainly in my hips! It hurts lol I miss being able to lay on my bck, on my belly an also sit up without baby squishing my nerves! I have a 17 month old son to run after to.

Sounds like a weird question but despite bump size, does anyone else feel thier baby is incredibly heavy? I feel like im carrying a ton of bricks! An each time I turn over in bed, it feels like she flops around an bangs against my side lol never had it with my son x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->