The most anoying things about breastfeeding

MoominJ

Reaction score
I'm breastfeeding purely for my lo and it's quite convenient at times but certain parts of it annoy me...

Ur cup of tea has always gone cold!
Someone knocks on the door as soon as u get ur boob out

What annoys u most?

Definitely someone knocking at the door! Especially when it's someone trying to sell you something!

X

My 3 year old wanting a drink/snack/toilet the minute I sit down to feed her little brother

Definitely someone knocking at the door! Especially when it's someone trying to sell you something!

X

Haha...slightly guilty bad Mum moment...I've found this a great way to get rid of salesmen...answering the door with bubba attached to me!

After just returning from holiday to France via the Euro Tunnell & being in the car for 8 hours.... Not being able to feed in the car!!!

After just returning from holiday to France via the Euro Tunnell & being in the car for 8 hours.... Not being able to feed in the car!!!

This one's probably my biggest, too. Wouldn't it be so convenient if nipples were also retractable tubes? Thinking about visiting home (11-12h drive) this Christmas with a 3mo old. If he's anything like his big brother, we'll still be making hourly stops to nurse at that point, so it will turn into 2 full days of driving instead of 2 half days. :wacko:

Having to give Meds like gaviscon using a small amount of BM in a bottle. Such a faff!

I have giant boobs and when I'm riding in the backseat with my son, I can whip one out, lean into his carrier and feed him. Very sheepish here, but if you gotta feed, you gotta feed lol.

Primary issues with feeding: "Hey honey, are you busy?"

What do you think? lol. Yes I'm busy!

And my son screaming starvation in public, then getting distracted by trees or waterways as soon as I whip a boob out in a horribly inconvenient/embarrassing place.

Her constant tweaking of the opposite nipple! Arrrgh! :rofl:

My 3 year old wanting a drink/snack/toilet the minute I sit down to feed her little brother

Someone knocks on the door as soon as u get ur boob out

Def these!!

I am a serial leaker so for me :

Having to change sheets daily and having to quickly whip on a jacket at work even though its warm in there because I have just blown out my breast pad and soaked my top.

As a working mom
Expressing it is soul sucking I hate it
Leaking boobs when you hug someone

How about when they sick up what feels like a whole feed...and all over u!

I have giant boobs and when I'm riding in the backseat with my son, I can whip one out, lean into his carrier and feed him. Very sheepish here, but if you gotta feed, you gotta feed lol.

:rofl:

Oh my goodness! All of the above lol

With mine, she likes to stick her finger in her mouth while she's nursing (usually towards the end when she is getting sleepy, she refuses a pacifier and likes to suck her fingers). Even though I bite her nails down, the edges are still so sharp and it stabs me in the nipple - it's happens so fast, it's such an awful stinging pain!!! Ouch!

Oooh, I never tried that. Will do next time. I do think there should be some kind of contraption available for doing this.

Whenever I pick up an item of clothing to decide what to wear the first thing rhat goes through my mind is "but can I breastfeed in it?" I find it so annoying!!!

Oooh, I never tried that. Will do next time. I do think there should be some kind of contraption available for doing this.

It doesn't work with the added height of a car seat base :)

The scratching. I feel like a scratching post at every feed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->