• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The 'my toddler won't eat' Support Group

It's been a hit and miss weekend foodwise. James hasn't eaten any breakfast for two days and doesn't want anything until lunch.

We did okay yesterday with a cheese toastie and half a tomato for lunch, and a small bowl of pasta bolognese for tea.

Today he went to MIL's whilst I spent the day cleaning and she gave him meatballs and pasta with peas for lunch. Apparently he ate nearly all of it!! He always seems to do this when I'm not around, so not 100% convinced. Anyhow, tonight he didn't want any tea, so perhaps he did eat loads for MIL.

Arghhhh.....why won't he eat at home!!!!???!!!!

yesterday was hard,
Luke had,
B an apple
S milkybar buttons
L 2 slices of bread (he refused everything else I offered him
D 2 sausages, and about 5 chips

Today was a rubbish day

Breakfast - nothing
Snack (about 10ish) - babybel
Lunch - Slice of bread, but only once it had been soaked in the soup. No actual spoons of soup.
Dinner - wouldn't use a spoon or fork and refused to be helped. Managed about 4 sliced carrots, a few peas and couple of bites of roast pork before he decided to try and toss the plate on the floor.

Today was going well untill dinner here

B. Apple, 2slices toast w/peanut butter
S. Some milkybar buttons
L. Grilled cheese sandwich and a bag of ketchup flavour crisps,
D. I offered scrambled eggs on toast, and a banana, he had one bit of banana and most of the egg, no toast

My non fussy baby on the other hand,
B. Fruitpot, banana, 1/2 wholegrain rusk
L. Cheesy toast, nutrigrain bar
D. Spagetti bolognese, 1/2 a slice of toast!

Yesterday Max had breakfast - bowl of weetabix
Ate most of Hayden's tomato crisps at lunch and managed half a slice of cheese on toast but I only got him to eat it if I dipped it in ketchup
He had a mini smartie bun mid afternoon.
And ate no tea! Then had two mouthfuls of yoghurt just before bed. Not one bite of tea.

My plan now is just to offer him what Hayden has for tea as he's not eating what we know he likes so its pointless.

So tonight Hayden is having homemade samosas and Max will just have to eat them too. I'm going to try one week of this tactic and see what happens.

Jacob drinks loads of very weak orange squash, he will not drink water or milk during the day. He has about 4 cups of squash though. I have tried reducing the amount available to him but it didn't make him eat any more and I thought, at least I know he's hydrated.

Breakfast today has been a nightmare, only 2 bites of scotch pancake :(

Max is the same. He can drink for England. The days he's not drunk much he's not upped how much he's eaten either. We have so many nappy leaks as he drinks so much x

Our nappy leaks pretty much stopped switching from huggies/pampers to asda nappies?!?!

Today has not gone well so far.

B. 1/2 a bowl of coco pops 1/2 a bit of bread
S. 1/2 a biscuit

:/

Full bowl of weetabix
A whole chicken nugget happy meal!

Tried my new tactic of making him the same as Hayden. He looked at it, freaked, ran to the freezer and got the chips out. We said no and he went off in a sulk. He came back after ten minutes expecting to see something else there and when he saw it was the same he refused again demanding "special yogurt". Richard gave it to him andhe only had two mouthfuls. Then he asked for mini cheddars and ate just two

Give him a happy meal and he will troff the lot - so he can eat, just won't 99.5% of the time. Maybe it's the salt? Who knows!

I swear by Asda nappies.

Did anyone see this post on a thread in the toddler forum, interesting read:

https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/feeding-infants-toddlers/feeding-picky-eater-17-tips

We had a good day today, as James actually had breakfast, all be it a very very small bowl of porridge. Babybel for snack. Massive lunch (for him), but could only tempt him with 2 sausages for tea. Tried cheesy waffles, but no, he sussed it was potato and gave me 'the' look.

Yesterday:
B: weetabix
L: 6 mini cheddars, a few raisins, refused sandwich
S: mini home made smartie cake
D: two mini home made meatballs, two slices of garlic bread baguette

Well how things just change from one day to the next, virtually nothing one day to this:

Breakfast - omlette
Snack - Babybel
Lunch - Cheese Spread Sandwhich
Snack - 4 grapes and a handful of cheerios
Dinner - Some roast Chicken, few carrots and a broccoli floret, followed by a melon slice

I reckon it's a growth spurt, as today's amazing quantity of food is totally unusual and completely taken me by surprise.

We'll see what tomorrow brings............................

Last night Max ate a KFC - a full regular box of popcorn chicken and 3/4 of the fries.
Just proves he can eat when he wants to!!

Luke's eating has been awful the last 2 days, but he had his second MMR jab yesterday, so it's probably that. Also today he was complaining that he had an 'owie' in his belly

How come he had his mmr only yesterday?

Back from holiday and during and since everything is just awful food wise. Breakfast and now tea is virtually non-existant. I think he is teething and hope this is a phase, it's really upsetting me now :-(

Woahhhh where has this thread been all my life? Can I join? :haha:

Of course!!

If you let me know which toddler it is (or both) I'll add you to the front page.

Luke's been doing amazing!! Still being fussy, but eating decent portions of things he does like!! Woohoo!!

Hello :hi:

Can I join? I have the fussiest toddler I've ever seen. We're seeing an occupational therapist within the coming few days to discuss Omar's fussiness & eating habits.

He's not skinny, he's average, but he was a big baby (98th percentile). Now he's at the 70th. He added 1/2 kg during the past year, & I think he lost it now as he didn't touch any food for the past 3 days. He's been living on water & some plain yoghurt. He has a cold & throat infection.

His fussiness started after his 1st birthday, he started to refuse one dish after another & now he only eats 2 cooked dishes. What he eats:

- Fried rice with green peas, & minced meat
- Carrot, peas & lamb meat stew cooked in tomato sauce, served with steamed rice (he doesn't always eat the meat)
- Yogurt & cucumber salad
- Apples & bananas
- Baby cereals/ toddlers cereals/ weetabix/ ready brek
- Homemade fruit smoothie (I add it to his cereals as he doesn't like t drink it)
- Flavoured & plain yoghurts / milk pudding
- Snacks: popcorn, nachos, cashew nuts
- Plain bread & grilled cheese sandwich
- Chicken nuggets, fish fingers & French fries (but many times he eat the fries & leave the chicken/ fish)

This is all what he eats. & even if he agrees to eat those I have to distract him with the TV or iPad & I still spoon feed him. He doesn't touch food & he gags when he sees food most of the time.

He doesn't eat cakes, eggs, muffins, sweets, chocolates, ice cream, biscuits, etc

He doesn't ask for food during the day, he doesn't feel hungry :(
He only drinks water & sometimes milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"