The name Dolly??

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
Just wondered what everyone thinks of the name, I quite like it and it's really growing on me, and any middle name ideas, my surname is one syllable.

Quite liking Dolly Mae

Thank you in advance :)

It's cute but I wouldn't use it personally..

Dolly Marie
Dolly Olivia
Dolly Amelia
Dolly Sophia
Dolly Jayne
Dolly sue
Dolly May
Dolly Louise/Louisa
Dolly Elise
Dolly rose
Dolly grace
X

Thank you, Rose, Grace and Sofia are out as they are my other daughters names x

Dolly Mae/May would be my favourite out of them all x

Seems more like a nickname/term of endearment -

When I was little my mom called me "dolly" (kinda like saying "honey") and I say it now to my son. Like when we're cuddling I call him my "dolly-doo."

I don't like it as a real name personally. My daughter's nickname is Dolly, we call her it more than her actual name but one day she'll seem too old for it and I just don't imagine people taking someone called Dolly very seriously, but then a name is a personal thing and if you love it, then go for it, it doesn't really matter what other people think :thumbup:

I agree it's more a nickname than a 'real' name. I can't imagine any adult with that name except dolly parton

Not mad on it tbh - but cute as a nickname.

However I always say you should call your kids what your want - the key thing for me is it's not embarrassing and easy to spell!! xx

His about calling her Dorothy and using Dolly as the nickname? I love Dorothy x

Don't worry about it not being seen as a real name or it's a nickname etc.. I get that a lot with the name I've picked for my daughter (Pixie) and there's no reason why it can't be a "real" name :thumbup:

I just had someone ask me how anyone is going to take her personally in the real world and how she'd ever get a proper job - I pointed them to Dr Pixie from Embarrassing Bodies :haha: Pixie Whispers is also a producer.

It's not a name for me but if you love it, don't be put off :)

^^^ This is true - I know lots of grown up Daisy's and Poppy's and a lot of people say that's a cute baby girl name but not for a grown woman.... xx

With the kinds of names about nowadays, by the time our children are adults they'll be less uncommon/more heard of anyway.

I love dolly but not with May
I would put it with a longer traditional name

Dolly Elizabeth
Dolly Kathryn for example xx

I just had someone ask me how anyone is going to take her personally in the real world and how she'd ever get a proper job - I pointed them to Dr Pixie from Embarrassing Bodies :haha: Pixie Whispers is also a producer.

Funny I've never been able to take her seriously as a dr, but most drs use their surname anyway.

If people struggle to take my daughter seriously because of her name, the issue isn't with my daughter :haha:

reminds me of chantelle and alex reids llittle girl - i think its pretty but would put me off personally knowing they have it - but again that is me :haha:

Just wondered what everyone thinks of the name, I quite like it and it's really growing on me, and any middle name ideas, my surname is one syllable.

Quite liking Dolly Mae

Thank you in advance :)

my sister polly has been known as Dolly her whole life... i love it :flower:

Hey! I don't mind Dolly at all, but if you're looking for something with a bit more "sophistication" for when she grows up but less traditional than Dorothy, and that can still be shortened to Dolly, I really like the name Daulton for a little girl. I think it's because I knew this DARLING little girl from the preschool I used to work at and that was her name, but her family and all of us always referred to her by her nn, Dolly. And I think that Daulton May is nice together! There are tons of other middle names that could go nicely too though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->