The name "London" for a boy?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
I have been having an extremely hard time choosing a boys name..... I came across London, I like it a lot, not my fav but I like how it sounds with my other boys..... Andon, Jake, & London......
Does London sound girly ?? Do you know London's that are girls or boys? Hubby is a bit apprehensive because he feels it's more a girls name ..... Hmmmmm

Honest opinions please!! And thanks!! :)

I personally love it! especially since you live in the States. We only live an hour from London away, so I am not sure I would pick it for that reason but other than that I love it :)

Thank you!! Appreciate the input :) that's a Valid point too lol

My husband named our baby boy to be, London. I love it. I work for a large school district and we have several Londons both girl and boys. It's a uni gender name.

Thank you for the input!! Glad to hear there are lots of boys named London! :)

I'd call a girl Florence or Siena so I suppose no different to use London for a boy. Prob not one that would get used over in UK.

I was in a class with a guy named London when I was in 8th grade.

Personally, I think of girl when I hear someone is named London. But to not be incredibly unhelpful, Aiden and Landon would be really cute with your existing children's names...just a suggestion though.

Slash from Guns n Roses named his son London. I adore that name!!!

I think its gender neutral but to me, sounds better as a boys name. I really like it:)

awesome name and to me it can only sound as a boys name, can't really think of a girl named London. Also, in central and southern europe it would be understood exclusively as a boy name. 90% of girls names in languages such as spanish, italian, finish with an "a", while boys usually end on an "o" or an "e", and in german, danish, etc, the boys' names end on consonants, girls on a vowel.

Thanks everyone!!! I really liked this name.... My husband is 110% on strike tho ��makes me sad.... We just can't agree on anything at all ! He truly believes this is a girls name and strongly dislikes it for a boy:/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->