The odds of a + OPK = + HPT? w/pic

windbloom

Reaction score
Ive been breastfeeding for almost 4 months! :happydance:

With no periods! :happydance:

Since giving birth to Hayden, I figured since our medical coverage wont cover much of the cost of the 400$ mirena coil, I might as well track my fertility a little bit to avoid :sex: and ovulation happening at the same time.

Today I took my very first OPK...

AAAAAA 002.jpg

Now what are the odds that I just happened to catch my ovulation?
What are the odds that Im................... pregnant?
:argh::argh::argh:

Im anxiously awaiting these next two days so I can test again...
The only reason Im wondering is because these past few days, my pee has smelt funny (LOL), Ive had lots of headaches, and Ive had really messed up dreams.
These can obviously all be caused by other things... but still....
I can count on two fingers how many times OH and I have :sex: since Hayden was born and the bleeding stopped (beginning of October)....
And both of those times, we didnt finish because it was too uncomfortable for me...
Anyway, its been a good while since we've tried, as we've just been too tired.... which is sad, because I miss it, and Ive felt up to it "vaginally" lol... if you know what I mean... but yeah... out of those two times, WHAT WOULD THE ODDS BE?

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

I guess this is just more of me venting than anything else... although it didnt work, because Im still feeling scared shitless.... :blush::dohh:

Can a positive opk REALLY be compared to a positive HPT?

Boy will I feel better in a day or few...

Sorry, I didn't get if this is a pregnancy test or an ovulation test...
Whatever it is it looks like a big fat positive...:hugs:

Its an ovulation test.... I just hope thats what its being 'positive' for! :blush:

You said it's an OPK? If you're ov'ing you're not pregnant.

But you should still be careful. Take it from someone who knows.
And that damn coil is expensive, hey? I told my doctor I just couldn't afford it, and she got me a sample from the rep. This is why I travel an hour to see my doctor with two babies. Love her to death. Haha, or maybe she is just sick of seeing me so much, its always a gong show when I arrive.

an ovulation test does not have anything to do with a pregnancy test so if the OPK is positive that doesn't mean at all that a pregnancy test would be too. and if your ovulating then you are not pregnant yet unless you happened to :sex: in the last couple of days then there is a chance you will see a positive pregnancy test in two weeks.
good luck

lol @ it always being a gong show, Penny.
wow, your little ones certainly are close!! how do you find it?
and I wish my OB would do that for me!! A sample? So how does that work? Instead of being good for 5 years, its only good for 2.5 or something? Or was it just simply a free coil? Jealoussssssssss! Its RIDICULOUS how expensive they are...
and yes Kitten, I do know if Im ovulating Im not preggers... I just found it odd how the very first OPK I take in like, a year, is positive... plus with breastfeeding and no period, it makes the irony of me taking the test bang on when Im ovulating that much more hilarious... and having read when I was TTC that you can get a positive OPK when pregnant, well, that info is just mulling around my brain....

sometimes opks will go pos when you are actually pg.

I would think the odds of that being what has happend to you are small -- but they are there.

I know what you mean, though re: :argh:

I'm having similar concerns -- and my AF has returned, so I know I am fertile. Grr...

How long before you can get your hands on a hpt?

Since I wont be drinking much this holiday anyways cause of BFing, I figure Im going to wait until Christmas Day or Boxing Day to do another OPK (since I have like, 30 of them), than will go from there... if its positive again, oh boy and I'll probably be getting a HPT shortly afterwards... I'll update as soon as I know...

OH and I talked about it today, the possibility....
It wouldnt be the end of the world, it would be a blessing...
Financially it would be tough, and we probably wouldnt get any sleep over the next 10 years, and we'd probably be wrinkled and gray way before we should be...
But it would still be a blessing... :haha::haha:

and :haha::haha: TL... thats exactly what I said to OH today, almost word for word... "With the OPK being positive the chances of me being preggers are pretty small, but they are still there"
If you are awaiting AF, I hope she shows for you! (who woulda thought such a thing? :rofl::dohh:)

lol @ it always being a gong show, Penny.
wow, your little ones certainly are close!! how do you find it?
and I wish my OB would do that for me!! A sample? So how does that work? Instead of being good for 5 years, its only good for 2.5 or something? Or was it just simply a free coil? Jealoussssssssss! Its RIDICULOUS how expensive they are...

Well, its a bit of a gong show, to be honest. But the fact that I find to be on here should be telling.
And its a regular coil. Dr. offices are always getting samples of stuff, and my gp sees so many pregnant women, I guess they want her to have one on hand to show patient. But instead, my gp wants it put to good use. Ask your doctor, they may have one around. On that note, I'm about to have my children's first christmas's at the same time. And my pregnancies weren't bad, but they weren't easy, either. Also, I have a tough time dealing with hormones, more so than average, the pill wasn't a good option (fine by me, I have the memory of a goldfish, the mini pill would have been a nightmare).
So having discussed it, she really thinks its the best option.
Like I say, I think she wants to see a little less of me.

I'm not awaiting AF atm -- I'm awaiting ovulation. :haha: I decided to BBT chart to see if I could find a pattern... then had an oops on Sunday night and expected to o early this week. OOOOPpppssss!!! :dohh: So far no ovulation! So I am hoping it waits a couple of more days to make sure those swimmers are dead and gone!

Yeah, who would have thunk it! :dohh:

DH saw me with the chart out the other day...

DH: You're not doing that to me again are you!!!!???!!! :hissy:
Me: yeah, but this time to make sure we DON'T :sex: on the wrong...erm... right... erm wrong... days!

:haha:

WB, you have more patience than me -- I think I would have taken an hpt right after that opk! :lol: DH and I have the same thing -- want another... and it would be a "blessing" but we would much much rather wait to be blessed with that for another year or so!

PB... is this presumptious...? Did you get pg again so soon on purpose? Were you on BC?

I tried my OPK when I knew I was pregnant, after I got a pos with a HPT and it came up as negative as negative could be. So I dont have much faith in the pos opk meaning your pregnantr.

But... It DOES look like a pos OPK!

I didn't get a + opk until well after I had already gotten a + hpt. Hope that helps.

So I know this is from 5 years ago! But what happened? Did you wind up being pregnant afterall? I see you had identical girls anyways!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->