the OH rant thread

Shri

Reaction score
i thought we could use a place to just vent a bit. So I'm gonna vent away now...

My OH is pretty ace generally but he has really upset me this morning. He has just stormed off out without a word actually. I think what triggered the storming out was me saying 'you need to actually read up on what it is like for pregnant women instead of thinking you know it all' :blush:

oops! Thing is - I've been really sick today and the whole kitchen smelled bad because there was left over washing up, a full bin and the compost bin and just stuff. I hardly ever leave any washing up but last night I had such a banging headache and nausea that I asked him if he minded doing it. He said yes, in a reluctant way and this morning we had a barny because I asked him again. I'm so mad. He is horrible in the mornings when he wants a lie in he gets really really grumpy if something wakes him up and because I asked him if he was awake to ask him to help me clean up the kitchen he acted like a big jerk and said 'just take the day off if you feel sick' and didn't understand at all.

Since he prides himself on being understanding and has rather a fragile ego about that particular aspect of himself ( I think it is because for the most part he IS very understanding of others) he takes it really really hard if I dare say he is not being. But he really was not being understanding at all.

Right now - I just really really want him to listen and understand what I am saying, but there is no way of getting through his defenses and I feel too sick and tired to bother.
:hissy::hissy::hissy:

I suppose I will just have to hope he has calmed down when he comes back.

I did phone in sick - and I feel bad about it, but I really feel so pukey and my head ache is driving me insane. What I really need is for someone to actually take care of me today - bring me drinks and food and encourage me to rest - but OH bloody won't and there is no one else. WAAAAAH!

:hug: Hopefully, he will come back and take care of you once his wounded pride has healed a bit. Men just really don't get it. All we can hope is that they try once it's been brought to their attention.

Mine just called me irresponsible for eating a chinese. I hate when he acts like he knows how being pregnant feels. Eating a chinese is NOT going to kill the baby ffs.

LOL Blah11 :lol:

No men don't get it and we get even more annoyed when they try to make out they do. Cause it's so easy to just keep taking days off isn't it! And the way they just become blind to washing up is beyond me. :dohh:

My OH goes the other way though actually, he tries to 'help' in so many things that he ends up forgetting what he was doing in the first place. :roll: then there are half finished jobs all over! Plus that makes me feel as if I'm not keeping up to date with what I should be doing if he's feeling the need to do it. Irrational and ungrateful of me, I know! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->