The 'Parents Dealing with Lactose/Milk Protein Intollerence' Thread

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Ffion is 11 months and she is Lactose Intollerent and Rhys is 2 years and 5 months and he is Milk Protein Intollerent.

Lets use this thread to support eachother and swap ideas for weaning and share our experiences of how to cope with illness caused by dairy products!

Only just seen this hun

Seth is 11 1/2 months and is lactose intolerant, we only fouund out a few weeks ago but we've had problems pretty much since his birth.

xxx

archie is lactose intolerant we found out about 4 weeks ish ago but i knew for a while before doctor diagnosed him as his daddy is too

hes on wysoy atm as gp said lf milk is v expensive to perscribe but archie is doing loads better on it

i know i dont need to do it yet but am wondering what to do when weaning time comes as tonnes of the baby food jars and powdered breakfast contain milk and arent lactose free

hi louise we are doing BLW with ffion which means that you dont give purees (more info https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/startingsolids/babyledweaning/ ) which means you can give them lacto free things.. or you could always make your own purees.. its not as hard as people think!

oh and ffion is on SMA LF

Hi there, im not a parent yet, but I do have Lactose/Dairy intolerences, so hope I can have a sneaky peak at your ideas :) x

Ive been trying the Lactofree Milk, Yoghurts and Cheese, I really like the yoghurts and the milk doesnt taste any different to normal milk but still has dairy in it so can only have small amounts of it, the cheese is a bit rubbery but better than goats cheese! anybody else used these yet? xx

Noah is lactose and milk protein intolerent, as were all my others, at the moment he is on Pregestimil milk xx

Well Hayden couldn't handle me having any dairy while nursing him and couldn't handle it himself either. So we had him tested for allergies which all came back negative but his body def couldn't tolerate it. He is 20mo now and has outgrown it for the most part, but still can only handle small amounts of milk so he mostly has rice milk. But we went through all the weaning and all that with him not being able to have it so I kno how hard it can be. I never realized just how much has dairy in it before this

Can you please post the symptoms of this? I think Helena might be. :(

I think it's different for every child but Hayden when it was him nursing he got a horrible rash which at first looked like baby acne but got worse and worse, I have pics i you wanted to compare if she has that. He would get really gassy. He will also vomit if he actually takes it too much. he does this with bananas, soy, avocado and tomato too. Some babies get constipated...landon had to have lactose free formula until 6mo. And some babies get diarrhea

We THINK Grady might have lactose issues... Had a lot of problems with the breastfeeding, and now that he's on a lactose free formula, he seems to be much better. So I'm assuming that was indeed the problem. Hasn't been proven by a doctor or anything though.

Helena gets a rash on her cheeks almost every day, and has now been having constipation issues for the past month. Gonna take her to the docs, but she is on reduced lactose formula.

Good luck, I hope you figure out what's going on. I think I saw that you posted somewhere else that she has eczema too right? It's very common for a dairy allergy to cause eczema, you might want to talk to your dr about that and see what they think, maybe changing her fully off dairy would help improve that as well. If you didn't say she had eczema sorry haha I just thought I remembered seeing that :)

Seth had awful diareah and tummy ache (what I assume was tummy ache - symptoms of colic, screaming, drawing his legs up to his tmmy) before pooing, he got to the point where he was sick up anything he'd eaten when he was having dairy in that meal. He got very poorly :(

xxx

rhys and ffion both suffered badly with tummy aches.. screaming and screaming for hours on end :(

Only just seen this thanx Tezzy for starting this thread!

Ollie has a milk protein allergy and now a soya allergy as I found out last weekend! I tried him on soya yogurts and he started being sick again and his snuffles and cough came back. He was really enjoying the yogurts but now I'm stumped as to what he can have now. I've been told not to try goats milk yogurt or sheeps milk yogurt as the proteins in them are similar to cows milk apparently? Any ideas would be great x

Ollie's symptoms before being diagnosed with a milk protein allergy were ezcema, constant cough and snuffles, being sick, arching his back and bouts of crying in pain x

I've heard goat's milk is actually very good for kids/babies. I know some mom's that actually used a version of it instead of formula, said it was closest to breastmilk therefore better than formula? Not starting a debate, just what some people think lol. Most of them are very "crunchy" moms though. But I was suggested to try that when hayden couldn't handle soy or dairy, I never did though because it was very expensive. We used rice milk, but they don't make rice milk yogurts. I did see some coconut milk ones though...maybe that would be an option for him? I've only seen them in health food stores, not regular grocery stores though.

Yes she does have eczema, it has not been bad at all lately, but she still gets it on her one cheek every few days and for the past month her poo has been very hard, small and dark. I am taking her to the doc on Friday to see about lactose free formula. She is on reduced formula, and has never had problems before. I have been feeding her poo inducing foods for the past few weeks and still hard as a rock.

I hope you are able to figure out what's going on, poor thing, probably doesn't feel very good on her tummy either :(

Thanx mommyof3, might have a look for them x

Hope things get sorted wendino, poor little thing x

ive just picked up 6 more tins of SMA LF from the chemist for Ffion.. they couldnt find them at first and i slightly hyperventalated in the shop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->