The peaceful home birth of Falko.

H

hot tea

I went into labour last night around two in the morning, after getting up for a pee. As I was already four cm dilated, it happened fast. I immediately woke my OH up and told him it was happening, and called my mom to pick up our son. After he was on his way, we started setting up the pool and called the midwife.

Honestly... My birth story is very uneventful. After my birth pool was set up, I got in, drank tea, loads of water, and listened to meditation/ocean sounds. It was absolutely peaceful. It didn't feel like pain, just pressure.

At around 5:30 I felt like pushing, but it turned out it was only my water bags which were REFUSING to rupture, the membranes were so thick. I was eight cm. My midwife manually broke my water, and within three or four contractions I was at ten cm dilated and ready to push.

Pushing was a lot more painful for me than contractions, by far. It was so, so, SO surreal. I could feel his entire body turn with each push, trying to get out. I have never felt so vunerable and connected to anyone or anything in my life. That being said, his head came fully out but I was incapable of pushing the rest of him - my urge to push went completely away. After his head was delivered, all my heavy contractions stopped. My midwives literally grabbed me, yanked me out of the pool and had me on all fours... And out he came, easily. He just needed a bit of help.

They immediately put him on my bare back (on all fours, remember) then to my chest after a few moments. He was, and is, perfect. I did not tear at all. He was born at 6:12 in the morning.

I had the ultimate birth I planned for. SO worth the wait.

My OH was... Just... Amazing through the process. I can't explain what an anchor he was for me! he said I made it very easy for him, for literally all I did was breathe through the contractions. But still. I am very happy.

Falko weighs 9 lbs and half an oz.

https://hphotos-iad1.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/328660_2590263798933_1324759268_4336229_1614931756_o.jpg

He's beautiful, well done and I'm very glad you got the birth you wanted :hugs:

He is gorgeous and such a nice birth story :flower:

BEAUTIFUL birth story!!! congratulations!! i'm so happy for you after that long wait!!

Such a peaceful birth story. Glad it all turned out exactly how you planned. Worth the wait. He's such a cutie too.

What a beautiful birth story, hot tea <3 He is so darling, I am so happy for you! You'll be missed in third tri, but hopefully we'll see you on the other side :) Congrats!

Congratulations! Glad you got the birth you wanted :)

Congratulations :)

He weighs the same as my LO did when he was born but I tore ever so badly

He is a beautiful baby x

Congratulations!! I'm so glad the birth went smoothly. He is absolutely beautiful!!:flower:

Wow! I'm so happy for you and your growing family. And I'm so relieved for you. Now, I just hope mine goes as well. Beautiful birth story, and an inspiration to all the natural birth ladies!

Congratulations! He's very precious, thanks for updating!! xx

Congrats on such a lovely birth experience :cloud9:

Thank you for sharing your wonderful birth story! He is just beautiful! He looks like other little one :) Congrats!

What a perfect little boy :) and you are amazing!

Great to hear you had a lovely birth! He is gorgeous .. I am hoping to use a birthing pool next time around, so I may ask you a few questions here & there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->