The Perfect Birth Story of Alexander 06/04/10

Vicyi

Me & Mine
Reaction score
Short story:
Name: Alexander Maxwell Chase
Arrived at: 22.42pm on 6th April (1day late)
Weighed: 7lbs 0.5oz
Length of labour: 4hr 27mins

Long story:
Well it all started the day after my due date i was booked in to see the midwife for a check up and asked if i wanted to have a stretch and sweep. I was told they don't usually offer this until 41weeks as the chances of something happening was small until then but because i was hoping for a home birth they would try it a little earlier (i had already told them that if i was to go more than 7days overdue i wanted to go straight to hospital and skip the home birth.)
Well anyway, i had the stretch and sweep done at about 3pm, then took Mills to the park. Came home, done a bit of housework, had dinner then at 6pm i told Dan i was gonna go lay down for a bit as my back was aching (been suffering from backache last few weeks so didn't think anything of it.) After laying down for about 10mins Dan came into the bedroom, got onto the bed next to me and gave me a cuddle, a few mins later at about 6.15pm my waters went!!
Called my Mum to come pick and Mills and then called Labour Ward. Mum said she would be round about 7.30 as she was cooking my brother dinner so i said yeah that fine, contractions had started but were mild and i said id have hours to go yet.
Well MW arrived about 7.15pm and stood chatting to us for a little while then she asked if i wanted the g&a or get into the bath (both of which were on my birth plan) but i wasn't in much pain and i didn't want Mills to see any medical equipment etc that she didn't have to so i just walked round the house and got her things ready for her stay at Nannys.
Mum arrived about 7.45 and thing were still fine. Chatted to her for half hour then said goodbye to Mills and went and ran a bath. Midwife did an internal and said i was 4cms but she could stretch it to 6cms without any probs so i went and got in the bath. At this point she said she was going to leave us to it for 45mins and go visit her daughter (who just so happened to live upstairs - small world!!) so i said yeah thats fine - big mistake. lol. After about 10mins sitting in the bath the contractions became longer and stronger and i felt the urge to push. Dan called MW back and she set up the g&a for me just to take the edge off. I was still talking and joking in between them though so didn't think things were progressing that much.
At 9pm Dan called my sister who wanted to be at the birth and told her to start making her way over, she arrived about half hour later, at this point i was on the g&a and bouncing on my birthing ball. MW then called a second MW and told her to come over to meet us all before baby arrived - well by the time she got there i was completely out of it on g&a (fantastic stuff! :D) and was having contractions one after another, said i needed to start pushing and 9mins later he arrived! :D

Afterwards:
After he was born, Daddy cut his cord (which was apparently very short) and he was then given straight to me for some skin to skin! His Apagpa score was 9 at 1min and 10 at 5mins and he didn't need any help breathing which was fantastic! The midwives were brilliant, i sat staring at him mesmerised for a few mins then i looked up to find my living room absolutely spotless! You'd never have been able to tell id given birth there a few mins earlier. lol.

He is absolutely gorgeous and has taken to breastfeeding so well. I didn't need any stitches so have been up and about straight after having him which was lovely as i could just go have a shower and get on with things which is exactly why i wanted a home birth in the first place! The whole thing was an amazing experience and if we ever have any more children in the future i'll defiantly be having another home birth. It was so much more calm, relaxing and easier than my hospital birth, which tbh wasn't a bad experience at all but this was just so much easier! :D
My Mum bought Amelia back home at around midnight and she walked straight into the living room, straight up to the baby and said 'baby brother' bless her! She then took his little hand and gave him and big kiss. She has been an absolute angel with him, something i was actually a bit worried about but she has proven us all wrong and loves him to pieces! She loves to help change his nappy and watch him feed and has even given him her favourite Lightning McQueen and Thomas the Tank Engine toys! :p

And now for the best bits!

IMGA0024.jpg

Me and Alex just born.

b.jpg

Alex a few hours old

IMGA0004.jpg

Alex 2days old

IMGA0009.jpg

Amelia giving her little brother a big kiss!

25548_10150170933050304_611675303_11959602_777139_n.jpg

Me and both my babies!

Wow. That really was perfect :D I'm glad you had such a good experience. Can you pass that luck on to me in a few years time lol.

Alex is gorgeous. Congrats :thumbup:

Lovely story. Thanks for sharing. HUGE congratulations....and lovely photos...aaaawwwww...

x

Congrats and so pleased you got your home birth :flower:

That is wonderful! Congrats! Sounds like a great birth!

fantastic story!! Am a homebirth hopeful so all the more great to hear!!

Beautiful pics!

That couldn't have been more straight forward!!! Well done mamma on you brilliant Home-birth! She is also so very cute in her hat and mits, love that photo xxx

Congrats that sounded fab :) I cant wait for my homebirth after reading all the amazing ones on here

Here a story of Alexander is very nice,so nicely you tell about,I'm glad you had such a good experience.
and here all photograph's all are very nice and it's great experience that you share with other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->