The Pillars of the Earth

Jody R

Reaction score
Did anyone watch it?

I didn't even know it was on but last night I saw the last ten minutes or so of the last episode and fell in love!

It was beautiful and the shot at the end was perfect.

I had to go out this morning and buy the book, so don't tell me what happened in the rest of the series, but does anyone know if it's coming out on DVD, and is it worth buying?

Judging on the last ten minutes of the programme and the first 30 pages of the book I think it is, but I'd love to know if anyone watched the whole thing and what they thought about it.

The book is brilliant, Ken Follet is an amazing writer, as usual the TV did not keep to it fully, but majority was good.

Love the book and thoroughly enjoyed the tv series...a bit inconsistent, but SO enjoyable. Like you, I loved the end.

I'd recommend World Without End, too. Amazing book.

I am still loving the book and so I think if they do a DVD I will buy it.

In the book I am up to the part where:

Agnes has died after giving birth to the baby boy, Tom left the baby to die on her grave and a priest has found him and taken him to the monestary, where the man in charge has said he is a gift from God and so they will raise him to be a priest and give him back to God in thanks. And now Tom has proposed to Ellen, with Agnes only dead for about a day! I'm scandalised lol, and loving every word.

Love the book and thoroughly enjoyed the tv series...a bit inconsistent, but SO enjoyable. Like you, I loved the end.

Pillars of the Earth and World Without End are absolutely amazing books ... well up there on my favourites of all time :happydance: His new one Fall of Giants is amazing too :thumbup: The only drawback is that it's the first of a trilogy and the next one isn't due to be published until 2012 :( I want to read it NOW!!!! :hissy:

Pillars of the Earth and World Without End are absolutely amazing books ... well up there on my favourites of all time :happydance: His new one Fall of Giants is amazing too :thumbup: The only drawback is that it's the first of a trilogy and the next one isn't due to be published until 2012 :( I want to read it NOW!!!! :hissy:

I hate it when they do that. Write faster!

Stephen King's Dark Tower series nearly killed me, waiting for the new books to come out.

What is World Without End about?

World Without End is about the descendants of the characters in Pillars and is set during the black death .... Amazing book - an absolute must read :thumbup: :D

World Without End is about the descendants of the characters in Pillars and is set during the black death .... Amazing book - an absolute must read :thumbup: :D

Oooh! I want it already then. :thumbup:

I love it when this happens. I've never read a single Ken Follett book before and now I know I have an undiscovered treasure trove of good books waiting for me. :happydance:

I actually prefer World Without End - but both are SUCH page turners.

I get impatient for the Shardlake books, DH bought me the new one on the day of release, and I sat down that evening with a glass of wine...and was silent for hours!! :rofl:

I haven't read those either, what are they about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->