The pressure is on!

Ethereal

Reaction score
My DD who is nearly three has decided she wants a little sister so they can be best friends and she doesn't like boys.

We have a gender scan on Sunday.

I'm trying to figure out how to break the news to her if it's a boy. She's so excited about having a baby sister I've said to her "aww but baby boys are cute too!" And she was just like "nope" aaargh has anyone got advice?!

My dd2 wanted another sister she is 1 of 3 girls lol. As soon as the lady said it's a boy. We asked her if she heard what the lady said and she said yes it's a girl lol. What has helped is she can feel him move and she sits there kissing my bump saying it's my baby brother Henry. And he kicks her which she says tickles lol. That's made it easier. Good luck on Sunday

My son was adamant he wanted a brother, and my daughter wanted a sister. During our gender scan when we were told its a girl my son told his daddy that boys are better, but that was it! He's been shopping with us helped pick out outfits etc, he's not once mentioned since about baby not being a boy.
The day before our scan I told him it might be a girl and he cried! So I was very shocked at how good he's been! Now he can't wait x

My DS was adamant he wanted a brother but eventually said a sister would be 'ok' lol. Its a boy ☺💙

Cute! I'm sure she'll get over it. Like PP suggested, maybe getting DD to talk to the bump by name will help.

My older two both wanted a brother despite both being one of three boys when i told them it was a girl they were surprisingly excited! Don't think they wanted to admit they wanted a girl in the house 😅 xx

Our DS was adamant our 3rd was a boy. We had waited to tell him about the pregnancy until we were ready to tell everyone (because kids blab lol) and we knew the gender. We took him out for dessert, showed him the scan pic and he said "it's a boy" every time I said "girl" or "sister". Eventually I had to use a stern voice and say "the doctor said this baby doesn't have a penis." His reply: "I want to pick her name!" And that was it, he absolutely adores her.

I probably wont be much use as I'm pregnant with #1 so have no experience with this...But have you thought about saying something like "your little brother is SO excited to have you as a big sister" and make her see it from his point of view.

My eldest who is five is like this. She already has a little brother and won't even entertain the thought of another. She's dying for a little sister. lol

My 4year old DS was adamant he wanted a sister, he came to the scan with us and even told the sonographer that she was wrong when we were told it was a boy. For a while he told everyone that he's getting a brother - but I want a sister and when I've picked up blue things in shops he's asked again for a sister but I'm 25 weeks now and he's stopped the sister talk and is coming round to the idea of a brother!
I'd say wait till you know what your having before saying too much but a few gentle reminders that it could be a boy will definitely help!

I have no advice but you're not alone. My DD is so convinced that she's getting a sister she's started telling people!! I've had 4 people ask me what we're calling the baby girl :dohh:

She's told me that when her sister gets here she can sleep in her room and that she'll help feed her and teach her nice manners because it's nice to be a good girl. When I told her it might not be a girl but how would you feel about having a little brother her response was "well he won't be sleeping in my room"

I'm counting down the days until we find out so we can tell her! She's picked a name for her sister and everything!!

Good luck with your gender scan I hope your DD gets the gender she's wishing for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->