The proof is in the pudding!!!

XKatX

Reaction score
So, as you know, I breastfeed and also follow the BLW route. It has been really tough going and I have doubted it a few times. I haven't wavered once and Oliver has had no purees, mashes or anything. Neither has he ever been fed. It's all been him.
Since we've been doing it a while and he is dropping feeds, I thought I'd get him weighed and have a chat with the HV.
Well, as luck would have, it was the only one out of 3 HV that supports and understands BLW. So she reassured me and really boosted my confidence with it.
Then we weighed him. And he has put TONNES of weight on since the last visit. He has even gone up from the 25th centile (which he has been on since birth) to the 50th! I am so chuffed, you wouldn't believe!!:happydance::happydance:

So, to all you mummies out there that are thinking about this route, but are a bit worried - go for it!! It's fab!:wohoo:

Well done Kat!! And well done Oliver of course too :happydance:

well done, that is SO fantastic :happydance: BLW is amazing, and it sounds like Oliver is enjoying it too :happydance: We're still at the 'let's play with food and throw it on the floor' stage :rofl:

well done, that is SO fantastic :happydance: BLW is amazing, and it sounds like Oliver is enjoying it too :happydance: We're still at the 'let's play with food and throw it on the floor' stage :rofl:

Oliver did this for AGES! This is when I started doubting myself. Then all of a sudden - Bam! Different nappies, happy bunny, dropped breastfeeds! It's amazing!

Yep, I've heard that happens. One day they just think 'ok, I actually want to eat this' :lol:

glad to hear he is doing well!

aaw thats so fab!! i cant wait to get katie weighed again cos she's eating so much more now! only thing is mind, she's already on the 75th centile...

Fantastic hun!! Well done the pair of ya!! xx

:happydance: thats great! Im hoping to follow BLW completely too. I hope I can do as well as you and Oliver.

Hannah still does that now, but it's only when she's done because for some reason she likes to watch me sweep the floor (she screams with excitement when she sees the broom :dohh:)

I have done purees but I do tend to prefer to give the finger foods, I find it so much easier and more convenient, plus Hannah likes it better

Well done Oliver and Mum!

Well Done hun, thats great,
I must have a real chuncky monster, he started on the 25th Centile, then by 7 weeks old he was on the 91st centile and he is just above the 91st centile. he loves food LOL (I don't overfeed him)
He doesn't eat much of it at the moment but he is loving playing with the food and making a huge mess, I am going to read the book then I think I will be picking your brains about BLW hun, if thats ok.
Keep up the great work Kat.
Luv cheryl xxx

Well Done hun, thats great,
I must have a real chuncky monster, he started on the 25th Centile, then by 7 weeks old he was on the 91st centile and he is just above the 91st centile. he loves food LOL (I don't overfeed him)
He doesn't eat much of it at the moment but he is loving playing with the food and making a huge mess, I am going to read the book then I think I will be picking your brains about BLW hun, if thats ok.
Keep up the great work Kat.
Luv cheryl xxx

Of course hun. Pick away anytime!!!

Thanks hun, i will read the book first so I get some idea first then I will be there to pick LOL.
Luv Cheryl xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->