The quite dramatic arrival of my son at 38 weeks 16/10/10

veganmum2be

1 Son two angels.
Reaction score
Sooo, it all started night time Friday 15th when i was 38+2
around 9.30pm i started getting regular pains that i noted to be more than niggles and twinges i had been having a few days before.
over time they got worse so wondered if it could be the start of something, so i bounced on my birthing ball and used my tens machine.
they continued to get worse and i was having one at least every 15 mins, but being alone i found it impossible to time them, so i am not too sure how far apart they were or how long they lasted.
i had 2 baths throughout the night, and got a bloody show, and at about 4am i decided to ring the maternity unit to ask advice about babies movements during labour as he was VERY active, and it didn't seem right.
she said she was sure everything was fine, active is good, and come in when things were more regular or i wanted more pain relief.
about an hour later i rang my mum to come and get me as i wanted to be checked out for reasurance, we tidied my house up had a little chat and we drove to hospital, fully expecting to go home...we didn't even take the bags into hospital with us! just the day before i had been at the midwife booking an overdue appointment and induction...i fully believed i'd go overdue for no reason :lol:
i was still using tens on the lowest setting and the pain wasn't anything to write home about, if i hadn't been worried about movement i would have stayed home.
we got there, the midwife said things aren't really regular enough, and she said your best bet is to go back to mums (closer to hospital) i was fully expecting to be sent home myself so wasn't surprised when she said.
she then offered to do an internal, it was a choice, i nearly said no, but then i decided i would at least like to know if i was even slightly dilated.
so she did one, reluctantly.
looked at me in complete shock and said.
''Oh my your 9cms dilated, your waters are bulging but i cant feel anything.''
so she rushed out to get another midwife who did an internal, and also said she couldn't feel anything which meant he was not head down, and probably not breach, and he was probably transverse which meant i would need a c-section as the waters were so close to breaking, which could mean the cord could come down and break.
i was rushed round to central delivery and scanned, and straight away his head was seen on my right side.
within seconds i had a consent form in my face and was being prepped for section.
got the the theatre and they were trying to get the epidural in however it kept failing, on the 6th attempt i was told if it failed i would be put under general, i had a little break down and cried like i have never cried before, but i concentrated on staying still and they got it in.
and that was it, i felt like my rib cage was being pulled through my arse and it was so so so so weirdly gross feeling, and he was out.
7.05 am on saturday 16th october weighing 6lbs4oz
after 9 and a half hours easy labour and exactly 1 hour after arriving at hospital.
he had an apgar of 8 at 1 and 9 at 5 was just slightly blue at birth so had to be taken for oxygen, and then he was handed to my mum, i was really queasy so i couldn't have a hold.

the midwives were in complete shock about my story and couldn't believe it themselves. i still cant belive it happened! and will never forget the face of the woman who told me i was 9cm :lol:

i feel very upset and traumatised over the whole thing.
i feel GUTTED i got to 9cms and didn't get a natrual delivery.
i feel like i missed out on labour as it was so easy and i was never fully sure i was in labour until they told me how far i was.
a c-section was the last thing i wanted. and was hoping to deliver only having used tens and water for pain relief.
we didn't get skin to skin, i got no help with him feeding straight away.
we had to stay in hospital for 5 days because i had a very high pulse rate and an infection.

so although i am competely devastated in one way about how it happened, i am over the moon to be a mum to a healthy little man, and if i had stayed home and my waters had broke it could have been one very sad story.

so i am very pleased to announce Frank Andrew.
:cloud9:

https://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc218/vegan_bexx/frank025.jpg

https://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc218/vegan_bexx/006-5.jpg

https://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc218/vegan_bexx/frank189.jpg

https://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc218/vegan_bexx/frank031.jpg

wow, what a story. he is truly stunning!

i understand you're feeling traumatised by it but that will fade with time. you did brilliantly by following your instincts and going to the hospital. well done and congratulations xx

Congrats! He's gorgeous!
Sorry to hear you couldn't get the birth you wanted. But at least he's here and healthy!

He is absoultely beautiful, congratulations!

oh my god he is absolutely adorable! i cant get over how cute he is...i just want a cuddle.
i'm so sorry you didnt get the birth you wanted hun, it seems such a shame after you got all the way to 9cm but hey ho, thats life and your little man is so amazing your upset and trauma will pass with time. Just enjoy your son!!!
sending all my love to the two of you, me and OH just spent 10minutes cooing over Frank :hugs:

All that matters in the end is that he is here, safe & sound. He is beautiful. Congrats!

the 3rd picture actualy made my heart miss a beat such a beauty congrats my love :)

congrats again hun. I can't believe you got to 9cms so easily! you go girl! and I'm sorry you had to have the c-section but at least mr. cutie there is safe and you are ok! :)

congrats he is gorgeous I know how u feel I had c-section with general but it gets better I promise :)

Congrats on your beautiful son. He is just gorgeous. You didn't get the birth you wanted, far from it, and that will probably play on your mind for some time, but don't let it get you down. You have your boy here and he will ease those feelings over time. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->