The Safe arrival of our little Elsie (Only 7 months late!)

hannpin

Mummy
Reaction score
Hi All,

Well I was a last years Dec Stars, due on 15/12/09. However my little gril Elsie was born 8 days early by emergency c/s on 07/12/09.

So here is our story....

It all started early hourse of the Monday morning. 1am in bed my waters broke with no prior contractions or any type of warning I was a little shocked. Contractions started about 1 hour afer this, they came on v. quickly and strong. So by 4 am the midwife was called and came out to the house to examine me. At this time I was 4cm, and we agreed that I would stay at home until I felt I wanted to go in to our local birthing centre. So the midwife left, and I got into the bath to help the contractions. A few hours passed, things progressed Painfully, and at 8am the midwife was called again as I felt that I needed some kind of pain relif at this point.
The midwife arrived back with us around 9am, and again examined me only to find out that i was now 9cm dilated, and the baby was breech!!!
Due to this the ambulance was called and I was rushed to the local general hospital for an emergency c/s. About half way through the 40 min journey I started to have the urge to push, at this point I became quite eratic, as all I remener the paramedic and midwife saying was DO NOT PUSH!
So we eventually get to theatre where they found I was fully dilated and the babys bottom has crowned and was coming out. from this point it all went a bit haywire in my memory, but basically I had a spinal block and an emergency section to get the baby out.
And Elsie was born at 10.58am on Monday 7th December 2009.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->