The Sea-Band for morning sickness...has anyone tried it?

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
Sea-Band also makes anti-nausea Ginger Gum. I just spent $20 at CVS picking up both. I'll be trying them tomorrow to see if either works!
I obviously can't recommend either quite yet, but they seem to have great reviews online!

Tried the bands but didnt work for me im afraid x

I think they might work if you had the dizzy head sort of nausea. I've used them for travel sickness in the past with limited success. Ginger has always been next to useless for me.

I have the bands and I find them helpfull! Doesn't get rid of it completely but i didn't wear them one day and felt a lot worse so they are permanently on me at the mo! U find cre crackers and chocolate really help to settle my stomach as well (not together haha) x

I tried the bands when I suffered morning sickness and hyperemesis and I can't say they really helped tbh x

I have the bands, although they don't completely get rid of the sickness feeling, I find they make it so much easier'

Wow! Well, a skeptical me is surprised and pleased to report that, so far, so good. I woke up feeling queasy, and slapped these on. Within 5-10 minutes, my stomach almost completely settled. I dont know if it's a coincidence, and I can't yet say if it will last, but.....wow. this is great! *knock on wood*

I might go get one if I start feeling more nauseous again. It comes and goes for me but when it's here I don't even want to leave my house. LOL

I bought seabands for the first time today! I've had the most horrendous sickness over the past few days and I've literally been unable to leave my sofa! Struggling to keep anything down, which worries me. Put the seabands on this morning and I feel a little bit better, nausea still there but not half as bad. Also managed to eat a proper meal today :) I'm 7+6, and my advice to anyone who wishes ms on themselves to be glad they don't have it lol! Honestly, it's horrific!

I am sorry to say that I thought seabands were my savior, because after dealing with days upon days of awful nausea I slapped them on and within 15 minutes I was feeling almost completely settled....however, after about 2 days they stopped working. Not only was I nauseous again but the horrible indentations they made in my wrists after wearing them all day made me kinda queasy and uncomfy as well lol. I tried ginger capsules too and I didn't find much success....so I've just been bearing it! I'm sure some things work for some that don't for others...but I hope you find continued relief....I was disappointed that I did not!

I used seabands with my first and they helped, but then I bought a special sea-band type watch that actually sends electrical pulses to the pressure points in my wrist. It has 5 different levels of "zaps" so I turn it up and down depending on how sick I feel. I'm pretty certain it helps. :thumbup:

Didn't work for me sadly...ms until 20 weeks! Good luck though x

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work for some of you.
It still seems to be working. I've actually WANTED to eat today, and have been getting hungry more today than I have been in weeks. I do hope this trend continues. I'm just wondering if I should sleep with them at night.

i got the sea bands last weekend when i was fed up of not being able to move from the bed and i was very sceptical however i have felt sooooo much better since i have worn them!!! not 100% but better enough that i can ignore it! i took them off to do the washing up and forgot to put them on again when i popped to the shop and i felt rubbish again within 10 mins so i too wear mine 24/7!

I will say i have still thrown up with them but it is the crippling nausea that they have helped with and i am very grateful for them!

I love my seabands. I took them off for a shower last night and within ten minutes I was sick with no warning. I now have two pairs so I can wear them when I wash and then change into the dry pair.

My sickness has been awful. The doctor has given me some meds today as I haven't been able to keep anything down, especially liquids. Hopefully they will kick in soon. Roll on 2nd tri and hopefully less nausea!

They worked on and off for me. The medication the doctor gave me worked better :). BUT I still wear them ALL the time.

I'm sort of coupling them with B6, saltines, and ginger ale. But I definitely attribute my great tummy day to these bands. I hope they keep it up.
And I think the idea of having two pairs is great. Of course, the store I bought these at, these were the last pair, so I may have to hunt some down. Now I'm dreading showering tomorrow morning. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->