The shortlist...help me decide!

AFC84

Mama to One + Bun :)
Reaction score
I've been hunting around for days for a baby carrier, for the main purpose of discreet breastfeeding. I'm trying to decide between the Close Baby Carrier, the Sleepy Wrap and the Moby.

https://www.bebeco.co.uk/close-baby-carrier-close-parent---organic-sling-619-p.asp

https://www.sleepywrap.com/index.php

I'm leaning slightly towards the Sleepy Wrap at the moment because it looks more supportive/less likely to sag, but then the Close looks easy to wear and the Moby seems really popular.

Not sure if one or another would be more suited to my body type or not...I'm quite tall [5ft9] and since becoming pregnant have got quite...ahem...chesty :blush: and am currently a 34GG.

I love some of the Mei Tai designs but think I'll probably start with a wrap type as they look like they provide better coverage for feeding...but any input gratefully received! :D

Well I love my Mobys, I wear them, my OH can (he doesnt like too in public because hes a girl) they dont depend on bodyshape as there are so many carries you can do to suit whats comfy for you and baby.
I wouldnt be without them!

I loved my Close Parent carrier when Adam was tiny, it was comfy and soft and he'd snuggle up and go to sleep. I never breastfed him in it, but I believe there is a feeding hold. It did us well up to a short while ago, but then I started to feel nervous because the fabric is quite stretchy - I found I always wanted to pull on the straps and tighten him, plus if the straps were twisted at all I was afraid he'd fall out so I had to hold onto him, and I sometimes found it hard to get him comfortable facing me though he was ok facing out (BUT it's not good for their hips to be outward facing, plus I hated not being able to see his face). This was only an issue from about 17lb or so, but I was disappointed as it's supposed to be good till 30lb+. I also got backache if I didn't have it on exactly right.

It's definitely easy to wear, I had no problems till he was a lot bigger. But now I want something I can click him into, so I got a Connecta. BUT I will keep my Close Parent and use it if I have another baby, so that's a recommendation of a sort. :)

I wish I'd known about wraps when my T was a squidgy :cloud9:. Sorry - it's not on your shortlist but - I would go for a cashmere shorty (size 3 - a Didymos perhaps) - expensive but a dream to wrap and feed a newborn in :thumbup: Good to start learning to wrap as soon as you can too.. :winkwink:

And Mei Tai's in my personal opinion can swamp a NB - more suited to 6 months +.

Congratulations on your new bundle of snuggleness! :cloud9:

Thanks for the replies, oooh I like the Didymos too...cheers ladies :)

I've read that the woven wraps like the Ellaroo don't start to sag like the moby does because it's not stretchy. I've never worn one though. I've only had a week with a moby and I loved it because it was soft and my LO felt all cuddly in it.

I'm trying to make a decision at the moment too, I only have a peanut shell and couldn't for the life of me work out breastfeeding in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->