The start of iugr or am i worried for nothing

Curlymikes

Reaction score
I am 25+6 with boy/girl twins. When i was 24 weeks i had a private scan and they measured 8 days ahead. They had always measured 4 days ahead in all other scans previously. Yesterday i had i scan at the dr office and they had only gained like 130g and were measuring 25+6 so only one day ahead. Their heartrates also dropped around 10 beats each all of this only in 12 days. So now i am worried because there was almost no growth from one scan to the next. I know if you look at yesterdays scan individually it looks great but if you know about the other then they havent progressed. Do you think its the beginning of iugr? Am i being crazy?

As much as I can understand your worry, let me tell you that pls do not rely completely on these scans. They showed my baby was not having substantial or rather any growth at 32,34,36 weeks. I was predicted to have a baby weighing between 4.5 to 5 lbs n my boy was born weighing 6lb. Definitely not IUGR fr my ethnicity.
You might want to check ur amniotic fluid levels..if they are lower than normal, chances are ur scans measurements are quite off..

If different people are scanning that can make a big difference to measurements. I was getting scanned 3x a week due to iugr towards the end of my pregnancy and several times my baby had apparently significantly shrunk from 2 days earlier.

i had so many scans when i was pregnant last time because i had too much fluid. Different scanners record different results but i can remember absolutely obsessing over my babies measurements. His head always measured off the scale and i thought there was something wrong and worried constantly for about four months! They always told me that literally a mm out on these scans can make a difference. I dont think you should be too worried, but if its playing on your mind would contact your midwife/doctor. I lost my first baby to IUGR and know how scary it can be worrying about it.

Im sure the scanner would have told you if there was anything to worry about though. If your babas are both a good size and the blood flow is good they wouldnt suspect IUGR just because they arent measuring ahead. I think they only start to worry if the babys hadnt grown at all and were measuring low on the centiles. When they check for IUGR they check the arteries supplying the placenta and baby by carrying out doppler tests have you had these with you having twins? I look aspirin when i was pregnant with Charlie and i believe thats what helped me through this time. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->