The stomach burn

awnmyown

Reaction score
So I understand that pregnancy causes acid reflux. But I've been heartburn free, except I get the worst burning in my stomach after meals. Like flame thrower. Never with heartburn, it's solely in my stomach.

It gets so bad that despite being on anti nausea meds (diclegis) I still end up vomiting. Usually bile or bile and whatever I recently ate. I also vomit blood almost daily. Usually first thing in the morning, but yesterday when my stomach was burning it was a fair amount of blood in my vomit.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the stomach burning and it's just another fun part of pregnancy, or if it could be a secondary issue being aggravated (like an ulcer).

Booked a doctor appointment, but wanting to get a feel for if I'm just being a wuss.

I don't want to worry you, but throwing up blood is definitely not good. I have pretty bad MS and throw up constantly, but no blood. I would really go and see you doc asap! If it is from an ulcer, it can be treated. Good luck!

Thanks Mari. Doctor sent me to emerg to get faster testing so now it's a waiting game. I started getting bad chest pains too, so who knows. She really worried me by commenting that my hcg was quite low. Just freaked me right out. I hate hospitals and think the ER is for life and death situations, but here I am. Anything for the little gummy.

Hope all is ok with lo. Perhaps you're just having a reaction to the diclegis and that's what's causing the blood and chest pains.

Fingers crossed you'll be checked and out of there shortly x

How can your hCG be low when you saw your baby and a heartbeat at 7+1??? What was she basing it on? Keep us updated.

following! hope you made out okay.

Thanks ladies. Got out late last night and headed straight to bed. Thankfully (?) it's just a lot of tears in my esophagus and stomach from all the vomiting and then the stomach acid was burning those spots. Doc said if they can control the nausea, it should allow the tears to heal. He did iv fluids (sooo good), and iv Zofran which helped so much. He sent me home with a prescription to add the Zofran to the diclectin to control the nausea and then add tums and pepto when my stomach burns. I'm hoping this is the combo that helps. I've lost three pounds since Sunday and haven't been to work in a week. Ugh.

He had a look at the hcg, and we discussed that great little heartbeat. He's pretty sure that because the doctor uses LMP to calculate gestation, it's off by a week based on my ovulation charts (I was temping and using opks so fairly accurate). Based on that, my hcg was actually really high (and he thinks probably part of the reason why I've had such bad ms).

So looks like baby is doing okay and I'll have my next doppler in just over a week. Hopefully I start putting some weight back on now.

Anyone have experience with Zofran? It looks like it's not the safest drug for pregnancy... I think I'll just take it as needed. So glad we're almost out of the first trimester.

happy to hear the bleeding wasn't anything too serious. I don't know much about Zofran. My doctor did tell me if my nausea got out of control they have safe prescriptions to help ease the ms. I don't think I would take anything that might cause harm/defects in my baby. I'm sure once you start feeling better, you will put those 3lbs back on LOL it's inevitable!

Oh sweetie!!! Sounds terrible but I'm glad IV fluids and Zoftan helps you feel a little more human. So glad LO is ok and hopefully you can start eating and feeling better too.

I hate when doctors make assumptions about your pregnancy and hCG without asking... So much unnecessary stress!!!!

That's great news about lo, hope you're starting to feel much better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->