the stupid implant

ThatGirl

Proud mummy to alfie
Reaction score
i got it put in in June 08 and it's coursed me nothing but trouble i am constently on my period. they gave me pills to stop the bleeding but it made the bleeding heavier, shortly after having it put in i notest a large lump between my leng and pubic bone (cant remember name of area lol crap at science) never had one before i got told by a mate to go to doctors but neither got round to it, i have headaches and made my chest pains slightly worse, i know they dont like taking them out after a short while but do you think they will with it doing my head in like this? as anyone else experienced these problems x

i had problems with the implant and they wouldnt take it out after 3 months so i went back another 3 months after and a lady finally took it out the arm i had it in i kept coming ou in rashes etc gave me bad headaches and tummy pains

they are taking mine out and I got it put in in octoberish (i think) so they should definitely take yours out. I've had transexamic (sp) acid, some antibiotics and the pill and none of that has stopped the bleeding.

Ohh sounds horrid! So glad I went with the coil instead of the implant!

Hope you get it out soon and feel better! :hug: All the best to you xx

is it heavy bleeding then? ive been getting mainly spotting so far, no other complaints yet....(probably will now ive spoken lol).

I have no problems with mine. Got it fitted in september. I must be one of the lucky ones i think its stopped my periods. Didn't have on last month.

I guess I will not be going with the implant at all..
Sounds horrid from how you ladies are describing it...

OH and I were talking last night about what Birth Control I'm gonna take after bubs is born!

yeah, my mates having same problem she aint impressed either :( x

i was told any problems come straight back and it will be removed.
got mine out on monday after 1 year :D

they generally make you wait 6 months for things to settle down, and dont rush to take it out. i guess its like the pill, you got to give it a chance first. But if after 6 months i was still heavily bleeding-id get it removed! they can give different tablets to stop the bleeding though, so if one doesnt work go and tell them, and get something else to try first.

I got mine on Monday...so havent much experience yet!

Dr did say to go back in 3 months to let her know how i'm getting on with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->