* The TTC Kit *

Lady_J

Mummy to Brooke
Reaction score
Ok so im not sure if this has been done before so i thought id start a thread and ask away -

Basically as far as TTC - all i do is :sex: and hope for the best. Talking to Rob my OH last night he said he would like it if we tried properly - i.e me charting, taking temp, testing to see when i Ov etc.

So i would like to know what do you ladies have in your 'TTC Journey Kit' ? I need to know what i need to go out and buy, as i am starting from scratch - any help here would be appreciated ... like whats the best thermometer to use etc. Also if you take any certain vitamins or anything like that.

Thanks in advance ladies ..... and BABY :dust: TO ALL !! XxX

Great thread Lady J!! Im interested in this as well but find it all very confusing.... not that it takes much to confuse me lol! xx

Pre-seed is always good, OPKs and of course, start taking prenatal vitamins! :)

LOL, same here pink sparkle, i think thats why i have always, maybe even been a bit too laid back about it all. I shall have to write my list out and take it with me or im bound to still forget stuff :dohh:

Thanks mom2toby :hugs:

I would love to be able to help you hun.. but I have no idea myself.. I was thinking of asking about this, but my OH Tim and I, have not really discussed whether or not to actually . We have been doing the same thing as you.. I was wondering all the same things that you are. Haha.. I will keep checking on here to see what you kind of answers you are getting, I will also post anything that I am hearing from friends and family too!!

Baby :dust: to you!!! hope you get your bfp soon!!

When I fell pregnant, I had only started charting that month, although this had nothing to do with my BFP cos I didn't really understand it properly. But I bought some OPKs. Now I'm trying again, I'm using OPKs, my Clearblue Fertility Monitor (although I'm gonna sell that next month cos it's too expensive), I take EPO and Folic Acid. Last month, I was taking agnus castus and Vitamin B-90 (but I was told you shouldn't take this together), Folic Acid and EPO. I took them all only up until ovulation, except Folic Acid which I take all the time.

I also used instead cups last month to stop any leakage after BD'ing (god that sounds disgusting!). Also trying SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan), but because of various reasons, usually going out, we never actually managed to do it properly so trying it again this month.

Erm, what else? I also bought a spell off Ebay after reading a thread on here. I wouldn't normally do anything like that but it's now my 7th month TTC after my miscarriage so felt it was well worth it, whether it works or not.

I also had bought some Benelyn Chesty Cough syrup which I took a couple of days before ovulation as this is supposed to help with fertile CM. It contains an ingredient, called like guaifenesin which is supposedly good for CM.

This month, I can't be bothered to be taking all these tablets and obsessing so much so I'm just taking folic acid and EPO up until ov and charting my temps. I'll use OPKs and my CBFM but I'm not using that after this month because it generally matches my OPKs and they are so much cheaper.

If I think of anything else, I'll update x

I am taking soy isoflavins on cd3-7 as i heard this can help with a good ripened egg
I am taking folic acid, basal thermometer a digital1, thats it yhats all im doing i dont want to obsess to much it can become more like a chore then :dohh:

I too take prenatal vit I am on metaphormine for my PCOS. I tried the OPK's but they didnt work for me after a few follicle scans at the dr office I found out I should start trying around CD 13 and I usually continue for the entire week after every other day. I just started taking EPO to help with my CM and I am headed to the store to buy some pre seed this month. I had planned on adding a multi B vit but I think I might wait until next month if it doesnt work this month. Oh and I take Omega 3 pill as well. I might try the baby asprin too because of my several MC. Good luck to all.

I also used instead cups last month to stop any leakage after BD'ing (god that sounds disgusting!). Also trying SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan), but because of various reasons, usually going out, we never actually managed to do it properly so trying it again this month.

What are these cups where you get it from?? Oh and i will be trying asdas own opk this m th cos the internet cheapies didnt work for me :hug:

Thanks so much ladies this is all very helpful so far !! :hugs:

I would get a BBT thermometer, preseed, opks, get a FF membership, start taking prenatals. I like to drink Fertilitea it has agnus castus and lots of other herbs that are to promote reproductive health and help regulate your cycle and ovulation. I drink one cup in the AM and one in the PM until ovulation. Hmmm... Im sure there is more but thats a good start!! xx

btw, in your pic you look kinda like Lindsay Lohan, has anyone ever told you that? lol

I am so glad u r struggling with everything too lady_j, admitedly me and my dh have only been trying for 2mths but it is a real minefield, i just assumed using an ovulation calculator and doing as much :sex: as poss around ov but thats not always easy as one or other of us (normally both) are always so tired!!!

After 4 months and no joy we are doing the following this month.

1 Pre-natal vitamins which include folic acid (every day)

2 Evening Primrose Oil (From CdD til CD12) supposed to help with fertile CM but shouldn't be taken during ovulation or pregnancy as it can affect the egg I think

3 SMEP (Sperm meets egg plan) - BDing every other day from CD10 til CD 18 with a few extra thrown in the middle prob CD 13 and 15 as well

4 Using OPKs twice a day from CD12 until ovulation (once at 2pm and again at 8 - LH is synthesised in morning and doesn't show til later in day)

5 Robitussin (Cough Syrup - available from Boots) every day twice a day from CD 12 til ovulation - helps with fertile CM

If this doesn't work not sure what I'm gonna do next month! Prob add pre-seed if I don't cave and buy so while out shopping tomorrow lol. Its like planning a bleedin military operation :rofl:

And extra ideas would be gratefully received x

i have a clearblue fertility monitor and i have been dabbling with temping but not sure how reliable that is for me as i dont have a regular going to bed or getting up time

Hi Girls
This was what I used:

* Thermometer + Membership to fertility friend to help me chart
* OPKs
* Preseed
* Pre-conception vitamins (had been taking plain folic acid for several months)

That's it. No other lotions or potions! I think you can go OTT - it just becomes a chore otherwise and that's no fun!

When we used all of the above and we BD'ed:
* 2 days before ovulation
* on the day of ovulation
* (and one day after cos we felt like it)

....we got pregnant straight away. Yes I know shock horror only 3 times. Just goes to show the swimmers do survive for a while! You don't need to over do the BD'ing - just do it when it matters! We eat healthily anyways, don't drink huge amounts of caffeine, don't drink to access, don't smoke/take drugs. We have a generally healthy lifestyle. I'm just praying little one sticks.

Hope that helps :happydance:
Good luck all
Rx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"