The very basics

joeybrooks

Ethan and Leo's mummy
Reaction score
Ok, since starting to read posts on this forum I am feeling more confused than ever.

Having spent the last 12 years doing all I can to avoid getting pregnant, quite successfully I might add, I now have to forget all of that and do the opposite.

So, I am comin off BCP as of now, I took my last pill on Tuesday, and won't be starting the new pack this wednesday.

I don't want to get PG right away, even if that was possible, as I would like to allow time for the pill go leave my body etc and to let my body get back to usual.

So.... what I am asking is, when should I avoid BDing for the first while (it really wouldnt be a problem if we did get PG right away), once my body does get back to normal, when is the best time to BD if TTC.

I am totally new to all of this, I didnt even know how to use the word "ovulation" in a sentence until a week ago lol so any basics would be greatly appreciated.

Haha well i dont have too much advice for u hun coz were in the same
Boat. I just joined a couple weeks
Ago, some of the girls here are really awesome and really help you understand the terminology and everything! Like you, i took my last pill around the start of June. And didn't take anymore. I'm waiting for my first real period, then going
To start Charting. Which means (if i remember
Correctly?) taking ur temperature daily at specific
Times in the morning to monitor when
You ovulate. There's a lot more to it but one of the girls allowed
Me to look at hers so I could understand
A bit more.

As for not bd-ing? We haven't abstained. Quite the opposite intact. My libido has went crazy since coming off BCP. But like u if we
Conceive the first month but i
Would like to get my
Body back to functioning as normal again!!!

Sorry i hvent been much help.

:wave: Hi ya,

The thing is with coming off the pill you could ovulate at any time so the only way to avoid falling pregnant straight away is to use comdoms.

I find the best way to track your cycles and to figure out when you maybe fertile is to chart your cycles by taking your temperature every morning, if you sign up with Fertility friend there are lots of tutorials on there on how to get started etc, or just ask here if you get stuck there is lots of ladies who chart and can help.

Good luck and hope things return to normal quickly for you x

This sounds very silly, but when you say temperature, do you mean just put a thermometer in my mouth and make a note of it, or am I taking the temperature of somewhere else, if you know what I mean.

This sounds very silly, but when you say temperature, do you mean just put a thermometer in my mouth and make a note of it, or am I taking the temperature of somewhere else, if you know what I mean.

I take my temp orally but it can be done the other way too :winkwink:
You then put the temp in to your chart and eventually fertility friend will put a cross once it thinks you have ovulated by your temperature rising three times in a row, sorry if im not explaining it very well, im not so good at explaining detailed things:blush:

here a link for the basics of charting https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Presentations/ChartingBasics/

Thanks ladies, think I'll stick to my mouth! Ok, well, off to chemist at lunch to get a thermometer!

i came off of the pill this past november (not by choice, but had a huge lapse in medical coverage), and i'd have to say it took about 2-3 months for my body to get back to 'normal' and regulate itself when it comes to AF. on the pill i would get AF second to last week of the month, now it is the first week of the month. also, the entire time i was on the pill (3- 4 years) i never noticed any symptoms of ovulation (obv. because that's the pill's job) and i'd have to say about maybe 2-3 months ago I noticed the EWCM and now I get it regularly every month, when i noticed it coming every month i was worried because i really never knew what the ov symptoms were, so i matched it up with a little ticker and sure as heck when the EWCM came i started ovulating.
so, just like when you start the pill they say that it takes up to a month to have its full effect, it take a little bit for it to not have an effect on your body anymore. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->