The VERY late arrival of Oliver :)

xpinkness87x

Reaction score
Finally my Yellow bump was turned in to a BLUE baby!! Only 13 days overdue lol:haha:

Here is what i can remember of my birth :wacko:

I went into the hospital at 8.30pm on Wednesday evening to be induced. Got there and was taken to a bed. Was monitored and all the normal things and then the lady did an internal and found out i was still only 1cm :cry: So she popped in the pessury and told me to get some sleep. not that i could i was on a trace till 1am. and then back on it at 5.30am which is when the realised i was contracting. it was regular but i couldnt feel them :shrug: So they said i wasnt in labour and to try and get some sleep.

At 8am i was hooked up again and the contractions were coming very regularly and hitting 50 - 60 on the meter and i still couldnt feel them, so they said to wait till 9 to be check again and then they would make a plan of action.

At 9 am i was seen again and i was 3cm, my waters were broken and they hooked me up to a monitor and my god i started to feel the contractions. But they showed me how to breath threw them. So off i go like a mad women breathing through my contractions... They moved the monitor so i couldnt see it... But they were hitting 80 on the meter and lasting about a minute and coming every minute. but i was told "oh its most prob nothing... you have had your waters broken and it will hurt more now"

by 11ish i was going like a mad women breathing through the contractions they were going off the scale and lasting AGES. At 11.30 the midwife said she would examion me to see what was going on because of the pain. So she say "you are 7cm" would you like a epi when we get you in the delivery room... so they go to get me a canular and put it in. took about 15 minutes i was having really bad contractions but was laughing at the fact they couldnt get it in... **this is the bits i dont remember lol**

Next thing i remember is calling the midwife because i felt the urge to push. So she made me walk to the delivery suite. On the way there i had a contraction and thought i was going to push there and then, but didnt.

Got into the delivery room on to the bed and she gave me the gas and air and then went to get something... While she was i had one contraction on the gas and air with her there. and then i had another while she was out the room and my body was trying to push!! She walked back in the door and was like omg! Then she took the gas and air off me and i remember pushing. and then all of a sudden there was 6 people in the room. my legs on sterups, vontous being turned on, and then pushing more and then him being born! :shrug:

Apparently when he was born he had the cord around his neck. he didnt cry to start with!! And they took him over to the little table and got him crying and then i heard something about him passing meconium. But he managed to get an apgar score of 9 at 1 minute and 10 at 5 minutes!! Oh and they gave me a nice cut they didnt tell me about!

And then from then untill about 9 or 10 last night is a blur!! I didnt get to hold him untill 5 and half hours after the birth!

Then i broke down in tears because i didnt know what to do with him :cry: And they helped me out showed me what to do and now we are home so all is good!

Im in a bit of pain, but it is all worth it!! :cloud9:

My little man Oliver Stuart :)

https://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/xgemma1987x/04032010032.jpg

ETA - he weighed 7lb 12oz

congrats he's lovely!

congrats sweetie, he's so worth it, such a cutie pie :)

Hes gorgeous hun! Absolutely adorable little boy.

Well done and huge congratulations xxxxx

Congrats hun....aww bless hes gawjus...x x x x

Aw, congratulations!! Was it really cool to get the surprise of finding out he was a boy (or were you maybe caught up in the moment of the birth itself, lol, which I can totally understand!) :)

Congratulations he is gorgeous! xx

Aw, congratulations!! Was it really cool to get the surprise of finding out he was a boy (or were you maybe caught up in the moment of the birth itself, lol, which I can totally understand!) :)

I asked my midwife to announce it... so she tried to hide it till they had sorted him. But bless him there was no hiding it!!

I just want to say i think i had the nicest midwife in the whole world! i think she was in as much shock as i was about the quickness of it all!! :haha: She came up to find me on the ward later in the evening to say sorry for having someone else take me up lol!!

Awww, he's so sweet! Congratulations! :) I sneakily bought that Roo set the other day, it's lovely to see it on a baby! Too cute!

Awww, he's so sweet! Congratulations! :) I sneakily bought that Roo set the other day, it's lovely to see it on a baby! Too cute!

It is soo cute!! i have the blanket and the towel to go with ot as well :haha:

My mum brought it for me before he was born x

Congratulations!!!!! Finally our little men arrived!!!! Well done!!! He's gorgoeus. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->