The very quick arrival of baby Harry....

lottie_2007

Mummy of 3!!
Reaction score
Well after moaning all week that i thought my little one would be late he suprised us and came 2 and a half hours before his due date!

I woke up on Tues morning to discover my show and was sooo excited ha, i knew it could still be a couple of days away but knew it wouldn't be too long! I felt fine all day, i went shopping and out to lunch with my mum and had a bit of back ache on and off but nothing major!
After collecting Lottie from playgroup i got home and decided to have a bath to try and ease my back a bit, as soon as i got in the bath at 5pm i started having a few pains so i started timing them, they were very irregular and not that painful! I came downstairs and started timing them with my mum, still not that painful and still mostly in my back!
I had had the car on Tues so my mum needed to go and pick DH up from work, he was finishing at 8pm, i had rang him earlier to let him know i was having pains but as they weren't too bad there was no need for him to finish early.

I rang the hospital before my mum left to let them know what was happening but as the pains were still 7 mins apart and irregular they told me to call back when they were 4 mins apart!

No sooner had my mum left the pains stepped up and i were coming every 2, 3, 4 mins and were soo painful, my little girl bless her was holding my hand and saying it was all ok! She kept asking if it was back hurting again! Everytime i had a contraction she'd say, "Not again mummy!"

I rang the hospital again and had 2 contractions whilst on the phone but they still told me to leave it another half hour and ring back again! Meanwhile mum and dh should have been back and i was starting to panic a bit, mum had nipped in to tesco on her way back and was buying baby shampoo thinking i was all fine at home!! ha

As soon as they got in they could see the state i was in and we decided i should go straight to hospital, i started trying to put my boots on and i felt a trickle then an almighty need to push!
Mum promtly decided me going in the car with DH wasn't a good idea so she rang an ambulance, DH got me to the sofa and trouser promptly came off, i was then moved on to the living room floor after i'd made sure dh had laid towels on my rug ha! I could feel the head and really needed to push with each contraction, ambulance promply arrived and gave me g&a thank god!!
They decided that if we left straight away we could just make it, so with me in slippers & dressing gown i made it down our drive in the snow into the ambulance!
We blue lighted it to the hospital in 2 mins and just as we were about to get out of the ambulance we thought baby was about to be born, luckily he hang on! We made it to the maternity ward and i was moved onto the bed!
It was the sack of waters i could feel, not babies head so mw promptly broke my waters and with the next contrraction baby Harry was born!

We arrived at the hospital at 9:17pm and he was born at 9:25pm! Complete diagnosed labour time lasting 12mins!

It was an extremely scary experience and the thought that he was nearly delivered at home by my mum and DH panics me now but they were both amazing, as was lottie who just kept stroking my hair! The bravest 2 1/2 year old i know!
I am most in shock that i managed the whole labour with no pain relief and it was only the pushing i needed g&a for! A completely different experience from last time!

Baby Harry is absolutely perfect, weighing in at 7lb 7 and 49cm long! After such a quick delivery i was suprised and relieved to find i only had a small graze so required no stiches! We came home yesterday afternoon and its like he's been here forever!

xxx:cloud9:

Sorry its so long, i'll add some pics asap xx

https://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz220/lottie_2007/P100112_225650.jpg

https://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz220/lottie_2007/P100112_230340.jpg

https://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz220/lottie_2007/P100113_104234.jpg

aww fab birth story!! even better name :) hehe Hope all Harrys are as eager too get in too the world! altho maybe not quite THAT eager!! glad everythings ok hun cant wait too see pics xx

Amazing birth story! Well done hunny and congrats :) xx

aww wow amazing birth story.. got all emotional haha.
Im so glad that your ok and everything is LO is ok :)

WOW that was quick. congrats on your wee bundle

Congratulations on little Harry! 12 MINUTES WOW!! Well done.......xx

Congrats, what a crazy experience- glad you and baby are both okay!

What a great birth story :thumbup: If not a bit worrying for you for a minute there xx Well done on your gorgeous little boy!

what a brilliant birth story - congratulations, Harry is gorgeous :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"