*~*The Wii Fit Challange!*~*

Well done hun, i think i should keep a jouranl too! I've been on wii active most days since i started (althuogh none yesterday) as i find it more intense than wii fit. Trying to do 1 hr a day xx

I've played wii active a couple of times, its very similar to the wii fit plus, just not as much fun! Lol. But i know what you mean about being more intense. I think when the fit plus stops working for me or i get bored of it i might buy with the wii active.

Day 11

Time Playing: 45 minutes

I wasn't going to go on today as very very busy but managed to get in 45 minutes worth and Bella watched me while sitting in her bouncy chair, lol. I did 30 minutes of steps, 10 minutes of yoga and a couple of balance games. I'm glad i got something in!

Day 12

Time Playing: 1 hour 22 minutes

I played a little longer to make up for yesterday (and the fact i might have ordered a dominoes pizza... but i was with my sister and she had just got some bad news and needed cheering up, i couldnt let her eat alone!!) Today i did another 30 minutes of steps, 10 minutes of hard core jogging, 10 minutes of yoga and 30 minutes of cycling and a couple of minutes playing snowball fight! lol. Am all sweaty now so going for a shower! Lol. On day 14 i will weigh myself and hope i've lost enough to get to my target weight which is 7 pounds! Am worried i'm not quite there as dont feel i've lost any weight, especially with all the bad food i've been eating, but here is hoping!!

Good luck hun :) I tried doing wii fit everyday and kept it up for about 2 weeks and then found that I was slowly spending less and less time on it :blush: Definitely need to get back in there!

I think now i've got myself into a routine it's easy to do - when bella goes down for her mid-day nap, i go on wii fit, only time i dont do it is when im out for the day!

Day 13

Playing Time: 1 hour 30 mins

Today my piggy bank which counts how long ive been exercising each day turned from metal to bronze! Because i've totalled more than 10 hours! Whoop! I did a little extra today as i am out tomorrow so dont know how much im going to do! So lots of walking, jogging, and some karate and boxing! I also added two new moves to my yoga, as my trainer said i was getting really good at the moves i've been doing over the past two weeks, so added some harder ones (ouch!) I dont think people are supposed to bend that way, lol. Either tomorrow or sat i will weight myself and hope for the best!!

Day 14

Well today was the day to be weighed. To get to my impossible goal of a stone a month i needed to lose 7lb in two weeks.

weight: 13 stone 5lb

So i had lost 5lb in two weeks. Which is good! Not quite where i wanted to be, but still.

Unfortunatly i had my HV come over who saw my WiiFit Board and we discussed it. She said it was great that i wanted to keep fit and it was a really good idea. However, not only is losing a stone a month very difficult, it's also very unhealthy, for any normal person. But, because i am breastfeeding and want to continue breastfeeding i am going a very dangerous way about losing weight. Obviously a certain amount of calories needs to be obtained in my body to make milk, and working out every day, and not eating enough calories may cause my milk to dry up. So it depends on what is more important to me, losing the weight, or breastfeeding my baby :-/

I was honest with myself - i miss my old body, i used to weigh 10 stone, and had curves in all the right places with a lovely flat stomach and i want that back sooooo badly. Especially being single - no one even glances my way any more! Lol.

But breastfeeding Bella is very important to me also - i didn't realise that what i was doing was putting my milk at risk. And i really dont want to give that up yet.

So have made a deal with my HV. I don't want to give up the WiiFit, as im really enjoying it, and want to be fitter! But have agreed to cut down on how much i use it. She says 30 minutes for 3 days a week is more than enough (it doesnt seem enough to me???) also looking at my diet she says i dont eat enough to justify working out over an hour every day (i pointed out it wasn't EVERY day, just most days)

ANYWAY - so i have decided to cut down on my WiiFitness. I proved that i can and will lose weight - but i guess for now looking after Bella and providing for her is more important than having my old body back. I can go into serious losing weight mode perhaps after 6 months when she's starting on solids.

So am sad to say i might be stopping this journal (for now!) as not much point really. But will be great if everyone else who is using the wiifit to lose weight, continues to do so - and you will be hearing off me again!!

Awww i'm sorry to hear that you're not going to be keeping up your wii fit challenge, but I can understand why and hope to see you around in the future as i'm very interested in seeing how it works out in the end :D

I did think that your HV might tell you not to diet or decrease your calorie intake whilst breastfeeding as i've read that the absolute minimum you should eat whilst breastfeeding is 1,500 calories and that the ideal minimum is 1,800 calories a day. However, I was quite surprised that she told you that your exercise could affect milk production.

I can only think of one reason to advise against exercise whilst BF and that's that there was a study which proved that exercise increased the concentration of lactic acid in the milk, but a lot of experts argued this and said that the cardiovascular benefit to the mother considerably outweighed the negativity of the increased lactic acid.

:hugs: Good luck anyway hun, and at least you know you can lose the weight when you're ready :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->