The worry continues :(

MrsJones1986

Reaction score
After spending 7 months ttc and worrying each month as af came, that something must be wrong, I finally got my BFP 2nd December. Yay!! Although I now have a whole host of new worries. I have been having mild to moderate cramps on and off for the past two days and I'm worrying myself sick that af is going to try up. From what I've read af cramps are normal in early pregnancy but I can't help fearing the worst. Anyone else in the same boat??

I think almost every single one of us ladies are still having AF cramps! Mine were more noticeable and pronounced around the time of my bfp but have now tapered off. I only get noticeable AF cramps when I'm not drinking enough water, I'm really tired, or I've been moving around a lot cleaning and running after my dd and the toddlers I watch.

This is my first pregnancy and I am a born worrier and complete control freak. I'm not dealing with the first week as well as I thought. I expect elation and excitement, instead I have worry and apprehension.

this is my first pregnancy. i had cramping that wasnt af-like at all from week 4-6 and it was daily, twice a day at most, and was almost always on the left side in the same spot. at week 7 is when these cramps went away for good and i then had menstrual-like cramping. it was very mild though and lasted for seconds whenever it occurred. this is my uterus growing. im going to be 16 weeks soon and my menstrual like cramps feel more like braxton hicks contractions. im not worried as i feel baby moving and she has switched to a new position she loves since yesterday. the only time my cramps are ever painful is when i have gas, i have to use the bathroom really bad or i hold my urine in too long(or i have a full bladder)

other than that i have the menstrual like cramps and braxton hicks which are just uncomfortable and not painful

I've been driving myself mad with worry from the day I found out. I completely understand where you're coming from. Pregnancy, as a whole, is scary enough, but the first trimester is especially challenging for a lot of reasons, IMO.

This is my first pregnancy and I think I've been doing an all right job of thinking positive and trying to keep my anxiety at bay. Try affirmations, and remind yourself that this is what you're body is designed for. The chances of everything going just fine are far greater than that of something going wrong.

Mild to moderate cramps are very normal, as well. I get freaked out by them, too, but I try to remind myself that they're a good sign, they mean my uterus is stretching and growing like it's supposed to!

I know it's tough, but hang in there. It gets easier. Also, here's a link to an article that helped me breathe a little easier: https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/complications/health-and-safety-issues/top-pregnancy-fears/

When's your first OB appt? Have you made one yet?

I just got my BFP two days ago. I'm literally in the exact same boat as you. I just read like 15 articles on MC and chem's so that I could know if it was happening. We've been ttc for 10ish months so I'm super anxious but I'm trying to stay calm and relaxed to keep this baby sticky.

Every single article and post I have read about cramps has said that it's normal unless it gets outta control painful.

GL and FX'd for the sticky bean! :) Congratulations btw...

I haven't told anyone in real life that I'm preg besides the Hubby but getting to talk to people on here about has made life so much easier!

This is my first pregnancy and I am a born worrier and complete control freak. I'm not dealing with the first week as well as I thought. I expect elation and excitement, instead I have worry and apprehension.

here here,, me too.

Thank you all so much. I too haven't told anyone othe than hubby and it's so. Ice and reassuring to be able to chat on here. My cramping has been coming and going all night but definitely not as severe as af pains. For some reason I'm struggling to be positive, but all your comments are helping! Once I get these first couple of weeks out of the way and make my first midwife app I'm sure I'll be feeling more excited!

I had lots of mild cramping in early pregnancy. I even had some cramping in the 2nd trimester. I was like you and worried about everything, especially in the early weeks.

I cried a lot during the first part of first trimester, because I was sure I was miscarrying. Poor hubby, all he could do was hold me and promise we'd try again right away. I had cramping, back pain, brown and pink spotting, passed tissue several times, etc... and we have a beautiful, perfect 1 1/2 year daughter now. :)

Try to keep your chin up, and stay positive. It's not truly over until they tell you so! Even then, I'd question it. :hugs:

I've had cramping daily too. It all started at 7dpo (I got a huge temp dip on my chart so putt it down to implantation). It's more so on my right side and happens when I get up too fast or turn too fast. I find that the more water I drink, the less cramps I get, so I think some of them are down to being a little dehydrated.
Like all the other ladies have said though it's completely normal. There's a lot going on down there just now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->