The worst part of my home birth...

Also a pineapple here means welcome. Maybe I'll tell them ahead of time that I'll keep a pineapple in view until it's time to go, then they've gotta get the hint!

Speaking of which, I was munching on pineapple when I was pushing! Maybe thats a sign!

I just made a pineapple kale ginger root smoothie! :thumbup:

Ladies I'm actually having nightmares over this. I'm moving countries and will be living at my parents who are cool with me having a homebirth but the thought of all my extended family and DHs popping over left right and center is really freaking me right out. Suggestions on what to do/how to talk about it with people much appreciated!

Be up front and consistent with what your wants and needs are. The last thing they want to see is a distraught tired new momma and a cranky baby.
Make a plan and stick to it.
My friend didn't allow anyone in the hospital the day of birth, and not until the following day much later. At the house- it was by appointment only, and she hardly answered her phone to take them lol!
She was consistent and firm and everyone respected her for it.

Oh my god I never thought about this properly! I mean as it turned out I didn't get my hb, but if I had, I wouldn't mind visitors the same day (dependant on time) and know it would only be immediate family, but for example my ail has 2 children who just go mad getting every toy out etc when here, I couldn't of coped with that, ruining my nest which I'd of just brought my baby into the world in! I think next time I'm gonna have to think alot clearer and make ground rules, I think grandparents only for a minimum of 24 hours then I'd review it. Especially as she's pregnant so would mean 3 kids, or could say just for her to come down for first couple of days otherwise wait. I know people are anxious to see a new baby but if we decided it to be our last ( when I have another) you just want it to be so perfect. Xx

Thanks for the warning!! I hadn't given this much thought but I will not be afraid to be a bitch if needed. ;)

I did this for hospital and hb, I told everybody I didn't want any visitors until I was ready.

Turned out in hospital I wanted people as I was VERY bored, then on the hb we were having the hearing test thing done in hospital and then went to mothercare and I think I was pretty strict then too.

Maybe I'm really mean as nobody even suggests coming over until I say so --- having said that I have mil and mum at the birth and fil etc were in the house. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->