The worst sleep of my life

lindypops

Lin, Si and Eve
Reaction score
The title says it all, really - last night I had the worst sleep of my life!

I've decided that I can't keep waking up on my back at this stage, so packed pillows all round me, including one between my legs, to keep in one position. OH didn't like it much, but I wanted to see if it would work.

Woke up pretty much every hour, really uncomfortable, wit hbackache some of the time - pillow between my legs felt comfy, but that was the only thing that did.

My bottom leg kept going dead, so I turned onto my RHS, but hayfever made me snore so OH had to wake me up (fair enough). Then I was too hot, but if I have the windows open hayfever is worse!!!

Then OH decided to spoon me so I wouldn't roll onto my back, but that put pressure on my back and legs and in the end I had to half sit up and drop off through sheer exhaustion.

So tired now!

Anyone got any advice for me? I've found a non-drug hayfever balm, a bit like tiger balm, which I plan on using tonight - I also had a lovely bath last night and use lavender oil on my pillow. Obvsiously they aren't enough...

Anyone found anything else useful? I'm desperate!

Could you sleep propped up a bit so you arent totally flat on your back? Then at least you arent trying to stop your natural sleeping positions (which I think would always wake you up imo)

Hey lindy,

I bought a long pillow from dunelm, they do them in about 3 different lengths I bought a 5ft one and seems to help me sleep better. I wrap my legs round and dont seem to end up on my back!

I bought a long sleep pillow from Mothercare and I hug that to go to sleep. Sometimes I wake on my back but I just reposition myself and it works again. I put the bottom part between my knees, the middle part supports bump and boobs and then the top I can rest my arm or head on. I sleep very well now. x

i've got the same pillow as pippin and its fantastic, i love cuddling up to it and it really is comfy on the legs! I do still wake up on my back sometimes, but surely if my body didnt want to then it wouldn't let me, like how i know i cant sleep on my tummy and i cant even if i wanted to lol! i wouldn't worry too much about waking up on your back the odd time, if it was hurting baby then our bodies would naturally stop us from doing it xxxxx

yer try the long pillows hun. really hope you find something that will help you so you are sorted for when your back in work:hugs:

Oh no the sleep deprivation is all in preparation for when baby gets here! definately try the long pregnancy pillows and go for a nice walk a few hours before you go to bed to get lots of fresh air that'll help you sleep and perhaps a glass a milk in bed will help too?

I bought the snuggle pillow from leachco. It makes it almost impossible to roll over on your back in your sleep. I haven't managed to do it yet. Plus im really comfy in it.

Worked for me.

Gl:hug:

I still sleep on my back- I usually fall asleep on my side then roll to my back). I asked my midwife when I need to stop sleeping on my back and she said not to worry as it will be so uncomfortable that sleeping on my back will no longer be an option. Perhaps you could sleep on your back a few more weeks... and then start trying to deal with all the pillows and props. Good luck- I'm not looking forward to when I need to start sleeping only on my sides- ugh!

LLoydspharmacy allergy releif.

Makes you look like Rudlph, OH may sing 'red nosed reindeer' while you are using it, but oh my god it works!!!

It's two red lights (NOT infared) that you shove up your nose three times a day for 4 mins at a time (morning, after work and before bed works for me) and after 4 days I was completely symptom free! No more hayfever at all.

As for the sleeping, I sleep on my back or right side, feel sick on my left.

My nurse told me that it would become very uncomfortable when it was time to stop sleeping on back. She indicated that it would be very hard to breathe. I occasionally find myself on my back but I try not to worry about it.

Thankgod I am not the only one. I havent slept properly for a week now.
Cant get comfortable my sides are sore my back is aching although I use pillows
I wake up and the pillows somehow arent where they were and are on the floor.
Partner is 6.6 so he is quite big and ive got no room. Took myself on the sofa at 7am
and slept brill for 2 hours.
Sofa it is for me the next 4 months lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"