Theme park after c-section

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by MrsHippo, Jun 5, 2013.

1. MrsHippo

MrsHippo Well-Known Member

I would post this in postnatal support but it doesn't seem to get as many views as baby club.

I will be 9 weeks post section on Sunday, I am fine, have been doing my normal stuff for a few weeks now (cleaning, moving around, lifting, dancing ectect). I have had my check up with the doctor too and everything is fine. I've had no problems with my scar and haven't had any pain.... Unless I directly touch it. If I press the area it can hurt a little.

I am going to a theme park on Saturday with the family and until I spoke to my partner about it earlier, having a section only 9 weeks ago never crossed my mind.... I assumed I'd be fine to go on the rides but now he has got me thinking. I've looked on other forums at previous posts of people asking similar questions and the answers are varied. Some say yes it's fine and others say its not :s

I know everyone is different and some people take longer to heal... But can you think of any reasons to why I wouldn't be able to go on anything? Obviously if anything started to hurt I'd stop going on them. I doubt the scar will just suddenly split open or anything??? And when you have the safety support bar things over you, they press on your upper legs don't they, rather than lower stomach? I've been on rides before, desperate for a wee but its never pressed against my bladder... Lol.

Anyone been in a similar situation??

2. robbiegrl

robbiegrl Well-Known Member

I went on multiple roller coasters 8 weeks after my C-section. I was completely fine. But like you said everyone is different. I've had people tell me they could barely move for two weeks after and I only had a few twinges the next day.

3. greenbeans12

greenbeans12 Well-Known Member

I would seek the advice of your OBGYN and personally I wouldn't do it. I know 60 days is a lot but a c-section is somewhat of a major procedure and I think your body needs a little more time to heal. Perhaps another month.

4. minties

minties Complete

I would go, I don't think I could even remember the pain of a c-section by 10 weeks, let alone give it a second thought when it came to doing anything physical.

5. MrsHippo

MrsHippo Well-Known Member

I'm the same, if something needs doing, I will just do it and my section scar wouldn't even come to mind.

I was in a lot of pain for the first week but after 3 weeks I felt normal again. Since then I have done a lot of physical things and haven't had any problems.

Thank you for your replies though :) but I think I'll go ahead with it, if anything hurts ect I will stop...and go on little rides with my 5 year old sister :p :haha:

6. blake12336

blake12336 Well-Known Member

I found by 10 weeks I was fine, however, if I did too much for example when on a really long walk then I'd be a bit uncomfortable at the end of the day, just take it easy and have fun! :)