Theme parks...

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
Now, I'm not talking nemesis style or even big dipper style here LOL Me and some friends were going to take our LOs (all under 3) to a small theme park thing near us where there are tons of toddler rides. Now she can go on some alone but others she needs an adult to go on with them. Surely if a 2 year old is allowed to ride, its not dangerous enough for a pregnant woman?

Thoughts?

I would agree.

Anything for a toddler is safe for you.

Hope you and Amelie have great fun!:flower:

LOL when I was pregnant with my oldest.. very pregnant.. like 6 months.. I rode rides a cedar point.. rides that I probably should not have rode but it was fun and the rides were all ones that just spun around in circles really fast or went up and down really fast. I was young then and Im not sure I would do it again but baby was fine and is 6 years old and healthy now LOL. anyhow, I am sure you will be fine but if you have concerns ring the dr or mw.

Oh i def wont be going on any thrill rides or bumper rides or anything like that. it'll be stuff like teacups prob LOL

I also agree with you. I recently wnet to Disney, and there wasnt a whole lot I could go on but the way I saw it was if people with toddlers could go on the ride then I could. Some of the rides I had to look into a head fo time because I was not sure.

Especially in your first trimester you should be fine. I went on rides (big ones) when I was six weeks pg with my son, and I freaked out. I called my ob's office crying that I was afraid I'd ripped my little baby out of my uterus or something, and they assured me that wasn't something that was going to happen, lol.

I would assume it would be fine. Can't see any ride being ok for a toddler not ok for pregnant women.

I would assume things like the mini pirate ship and the small rollercoasters are fine. I think you'd get rocked more going over speed bumps - I certainly feel it anyway :lol: ouch!

Have fun!

i was on oblivion and nemisis for my hen do, had a great 2 days at alton towers including the spa, and a bottle of wine, only to feel a bit funny on the flight home, i went to the doc monday morning and was up at the hospital tuesday pm for a scan. 6 weeks pregnant! i had no idea, married the next day and off for a 3 month honeymoon. though i had doomed baby from the start, especially after mmc and ectopic earlier that year, but she'll be 3 this june.

we plan on heading to portrush which has a small amusment park at easter, and leah will not go on rides alone and hubby can't go as he has a severe head injury a few years back, so i'll gladly join her...just hoping the ms had faded by then.

enjoy x

that should be 3 week honeymoon, 3 months would have been lovely x

Now, I'm not talking nemesis style or even big dipper style here LOL Me and some friends were going to take our LOs (all under 3) to a small theme park thing near us where there are tons of toddler rides. Now she can go on some alone but others she needs an adult to go on with them. Surely if a 2 year old is allowed to ride, its not dangerous enough for a pregnant woman?

Thoughts?

I would read the guidelines posted at the start of the rides, if it says no for pregnancy, then I'd not chance it.
If it were me I might try a smooth ride, but nothing like the mini toddler roller coasters. Not worth the risk. As for the teacups, holy shit you're brave lol. They make me hurl at the best of times, couldn't even begin to imagine whilst I'm pregnant ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->